Is my PC Vista capable

Status
Not open for further replies.

saif

I hav 128MB Ram, 32MB gfx card, P4 1.70 ghz processor. So will I be able 2 run Vista?

Not according to this.

Minimum supported system requirements

PCs that meet the minimum supported system requirements will be able to run the core features of Windows Vista with the basic user experience.

Windows Vista Minimum Supported System Requirements
Processor
800 MHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor1
System Memory
512 MB
GPU
SVGA (800x600)
Graphics Memory
-
HDD
20 GB
HDD Free Space
15 GB
Optical Drive
CD-ROM drive2
Audio
-
Internet
-
1 Processor speed is specified as the nominal operational processor frequency for the device. Some processors have power management which allows the processor to run at a lower rate to save power.
2 The CD-ROM may be external (not integral, not built into the system).

Regards Howard :)

It says you need a minimum of 512MB of ram and you only have 128MB.

In all honesty, Windows XP won`t run particularly well with only 128MB of ram.

Regards Howard :)

I like "eye candy" Howard :) WindowBlinds is cool. Microsoft has a utility that runs on a system to see if it can run Vista. It is called "The Vista Advisor Tool"...

That's it Howard... The Advisor tells me that Halo, Nero, Norton and my Santa Cruz sound card are not compatible with Vista. Symantec has a beta Norton 360 program that is compatible. I'm running that beta right now...

From what I have experienced where I work. We have Vista Ultimate final release running on a few machines for testing purposes and when just sitting doing nothing, it uses about 500 MB RAM. I know its the Ultimate, so thats part of the reason, so I would say that you are not able to run it.

As this was true with XP when it was first released, eventually Vista will be MS's main OS world wide. Of course, I know XP will be around for a long time to come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back