Is my system too bad for World of Warcraft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone!

I installed a the game World of Warcraft last day - to play with some real friends who introduced me to the game.

Now I concern when I play on low graphics it flows well, but when i start to mix it up a little it gets very "lag-like".

I recently reinstalled my windows vista just last dayso I have no other programs downloaded except WoW and VLC media player and winzip.

My system is following:

Windows Vista Ultimate on a
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200 + (2CPUs), ~2,2GHz
2046 MB Ram
Bios: Phoenix Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG
Graphic Device: Radeon X 1550 Series (ATI RADEON Graphic Processor*0x715F)

Is there some way to speed up my computer, or should I buy a new graphic card, more RAM or something else or just go for a new computer?

/Thanks for your answers, Daniel

With your system the bottleneck is probably the video card. 2 GB is decent for that game + Vista and although your processor isn't terribly fast, it isn't really all that slow either. Your video card is something I'd put in a machine not used for any gaming.

Thanks!

With your system the bottleneck is probably the video card. 2 GB is decent for that game + Vista and although your processor isn't terribly fast, it isn't really all that slow either. Your video card is something I'd put in a machine not used for any gaming.

Is there any special priceworthy graphic-card you might recommend for this type of computer?

Thanks alot again, in advance
Daniel

EDIT: I ran some checks and you had totally right, the Graphic card is the one who fails me.
What should I do from here, to find the grahpic card that suits me best for this processor?
I mean, I don't want to buy the "graphic cards rolls royce for this computer if the cant handle all the power anyways ;)"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back