Is my video card fried?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarvis

Hello all, recently I have been experiencing some problems with my display. I have an FX 5700 ultra that I've had for quite some time now. The computer runs fine when its on but after some time the screen will get crazy. The display will just show some random colors and then goto black after a while. When windows starts up again it gives me an error report saying that the card failed to complete a drawing operation. I remember seeing this error report in the past with a different video card and I can't remember if the card was fried. I thought it was a heat problem so I opened my case and cleaned out my heatsinks and fans and made sure everything was getting good cooling. After I did this the card didn't screw up for 3 days, but now its doing it again. Is my card done for? Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks. Also my drivers are up to date.

If ur getting those artfacts again, try running DXDIAG from run also try installing a graphic card fan from zalman or anyother company they are better suited for the cooling.

it is certainly a overheating problem i had something similar to that.

And what would you like me to do at newegg.com...I've bought something there before in the past. I am planning on buying a zalman 80d fan and a new larger case that I will put more fans in...the case I am using now is terrible for cooling.

Good choice go through all the options u have in the fan section also try and get a good SMPS with nice high ratings!!

Good hunting :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back