is nero 7 cool

rockzz

hello everybody is nero 7 cool i try it but i dont like it. i still like nero 6.6. nero 7 i think is sometimes difficult to use. so anybody who can tell if it is cool or not just reply.......

Hello Rockzz, and welcome to the forums. I'm not sure exactly what nero 7 is, but if you can inform me, I may be able to try it out, and give you some input.

www.nero.com

a software suite that covers all the media aspects of your computer such as music/video editing, cd/dvd burning, etc. i used the trial version to just burn disks and didnt use any other capabilities of the software and in just that aspect i liked it :slurp:

I think it is, but it has two flaws in my opinion.

1, it want's to take over the file extentions for just about everything when you install unless you tell it not to.

2, Nero scout sucks - at least from my perspective.

i dont know what version of nero i have. on my desktop its just called "nero startsmart". it came with a cd burner i bought from bestbuy. i only used it to burn MP3 disk so i could put 700mbs of music on a single cd but now that i got a creative zen sleek i dont need em anymore

No, it's not cool.

They just keep adding more and more useless features to the "suite" and cover it with candy.

Too bad most software companies don't remember (or know) this:

"Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away."
-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

It is an even more bloated version than Nero 6.
The only thing it can't do is make you coffee or tea.
Way too many items bolted on, it's not 'integrated' anymore.
If you must have the latest, then Roxio's Easy Media Creator 8 beats them all.

true - I can't deny it's bloated. Happily though, it doesn't seem to be "Norton" bloated, in that it doesn't seem to slow my system at all.

Perhaps it would be better if they'd offer the core program (NERO Burning ROM), and offered the rest as bolt-on programs with seperate installers if users want them.

It's getting a little too complex with too many features that's not needed, and the larger it gets, the more bugs it has...

Nero 5.x.x.x was awesome, then SP2 broke it. So I bought 6, it was like 20x the size as Nero 5, and I use it for nothing more than what Nero 5 could do, except maybe burn DVDs.

burn progs

i would like just to have a burn programme that will burn everything from mpg to divx. but there are so many **** progs on the go.

Back