Is Newegg a Good Place to Buy?

kirock

It just seems I see so many threads here about various components purchased there that are DEAD out of the box. Everything from: CPU's, mobos, RAM, PSU's, GFX Cards.etc.

Do they buy only "first production run" stock only or something, or is it just statistical in the fact that they sell such a huge QUANTITY that it's statically significant that they have the Lion's share of defective OEM parts?

I'm the Test Lab Supervisor for an Automotive Relay manufacture in Canada that sells to the big 3 and others in North America, if we ship ONE (1) bad relay..sh!t hits the fan! We sell 60M relays a year.

OEM: Original Equipment Manufacturer.
Example: Antec, MSI, ASUS, EVG, ABIT..etc.

Does Newegg sell "normal" stock or do they have contracts with OEMs to buy only their "less then perfect" production lot?

???

I don't remember seeing threads about dead newegg products.

I am sure they sell 'normal' stock.

I've ordered from Newegg hundreds of times, never had a DOA, products come in 1-3 days 90% of the time or better. :) I haven't had anything except wonderful experiences with them.

I think you're right with the following statement:

or is it just statistical in the fact that they sell such a huge QUANTITY that it's statically significant that they have the Lion's share of defective OEM parts?

I have ordered many times from NewEgg and they are prompt and superb in the customer service department.

However, even the best of the best will sometimes ship items that are brand new and they come DOA. It even happens with NewEgg as customer reviews will testify. But then read how NewEgg takes care of these customers.

So a big yes to your question.

The vast majority of my PC component purchases come from Newegg. Over the years a couple of items were defective but I certainly don't blame Newegg. They only sell the products, not make them. Anyway, each time the RMA process was smooth and without trouble. One was defective RAM and another was a defective graphics card.

I live in Los Angeles and if I order something early in the morning, it is usually delivered by the NEXT DAY using their most inexpensive standard shipping method (UPS ground). It's true they have a warehouse in the L.A. area but that kind of service is hard to beat. I can recommend them without reservations. However, Kirock, if you are thinking of purchasing anything from them, be aware that at the present time Newegg does not ship outside the USA.

The only problem I had with a product from newegg is when I tried to buy a Saphhire Radeon 9550. It shipped with a driver disk for a card in a different genertaion. I sent it back and bought a Gefroce FX5500(great btw). I recently ordered my BFG 6800GT from there, no problems at all!

I have never had a bad product from newegg (at least 5 orders, more than usual for me), and just ordered a crossover cable from them. 10ft, Generic (Brand name) Cat 5e.

Hope it works ok.

I love newegg fast shipping and prices, I buy from them everytime I can... I have always heard they have great support also but I have barely had to use it so far.

Full disclaimer: Newegg is a TechSpot advertiser, and I work for TechSpot. :)

I buy exclusively from Newegg....in-between, I've tried other houses but always come back. Somehow, the others just don't ring the same for me...be it price, shipping or service. I've got absolutely nothing bad to say about Newegg and I'm very picky.

I've purchased over $50,000 worth of goods since about 2001 from Newegg.com. I've never had to return a product to them. Everything has been 100%.

Their shipping used to faster when they had a warehouse in JUST Los Angeles, CA, but now that they have warehouses in TN and NJ, I guess that is better for everyone else. :)

Well the "ya's" have it then, Newegg is a good place to buy from. It was just that I was reading several threads in here about new builds with DOA mobos or video cards and they all came from Newegg.

It must be the volume they sell and thus statistically get a few DOA shipped to them from OEMs.

Thanks for the feeback guys.

Just checking but you are aware that they don't ship to Canada, correct?

Yes. I was just checking in a general interest way. Maybe something had gone terribly wrong with them in the last year or something...that's all. :)

I can also share my experience here about buying on newegg.

So far I've never had problems with newegg and they ship incredibly fast, I've bought most of my computer parts from them (I would say 90%) because they have great prices and I always get my items within 1-3 days like another person said.

I've received a couple of DOA ( a WD HDD and an ASUS Mobo) but is not their fault, the only thing I don't like about DOA is having to pay for the shipping back.

My overall experience with newegg is excellent, and it's very hard to beat their prices, service and product availability.

Newegg is great. I have spent probably $20,000 on them in the past 5 years. The price point they give you is often the best or close to it, you can get a huge variety of components easily and if you shop wisely, you'll always be spending less than what you'd find in retail.

I have received parts DoA from them before - Very rarely. However, keep in mind, Newegg does not manufacture anything!. With the (very few) parts that I received dead, I just went straight to the manufacturer for replacements.

Between Newegg and Amazon, the only thing I buy from brick and mortar stores anymore is food and car parts.

newegg is the best there shippin is guarenteed to send next day or you can get your shipping money back. I will only order from them. Antoehr good company ive ordered from is fronzencpu they have more tech stuff then newegg.

Back