Is Power Archiver Any Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred G

I recently downloaded a program called Power Archiver and i'm curious to know how it compares to others such as winzip or winrar. I currently use winrar, does anyone think i should swith to power archiver?

IMHO WinRAR is absolutely the best and most natural archive manager. Has the best features too, especially for multipart archives. Not free though.

I had a very nasty experience with Powerarchiver once (years ago, I'm sure they have fixed the bug by now) and I am not going to use that program again myself.

I use Izarc and winrar, I have found Izarc cannot unzip large zip or rar files very well, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, but it will unzip a lot of different archives.

but winrar is the bomb you get what you pay for, izarc is free.

I used the free PowerArchiver for several years until recently when I switched to another archive utility (Zip Genious) . The free version is several years old because PowerArchiver changed to shareware. I never had any problems with it until I encountered a rar file it wouldn't open. That's why I switched. Otherwise it's a fine utility except the free version is not supported any longer.

Well, looks like power archiver has to go. Especially since its not supported, my free version that is. I've been using free winrar for a while now, and have yet to find a file it couldnt open, but i wanted to to give power arhiver a shot and see if its any better, i guess its not. So whats the deal with paid winrar, any new features or capabilities?

It is mostly the same thing. Purchased version is legal, without the nag screen and lets you add authenticity information to archives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back