Is Soccer In The US Getting More Popular?

young&wild

I wonder how many Americans watch football or soccer this days whether it be their MLS league, World Cup or other league around the world? Their team has been performing very well with young guns like Landon Donovan and many more!!!

In the larger cities it is fairly popular at the High School level, smaller schools many times do not have soccer teams. But I don't think many people watch MLS. According to the news there has been a suprising amount of people that have been waking up between midnight and 7am to watch the World Cup games.

I played on club teams until I was 16, then we moved and they didn't have soccer where we moved to so that kind of ended that.
I don't think it will ever be the most popular sport over here though, American Football (even though soccer players by nature don't like it/the players) and Baseball will probably always be the most popular.

What do Europeans call soccer...football
What do Europeans call football...American football:haha: :haha:

Dude, nobody in the US cares about soccer period. They cared only for a second because being a country that hates soccer, having our team go that far was neat. But other than that, soccer will never become popular in the US - There is to much tradition in Football, baseball, and basketball..

Back