TechSpot

Is the Core 2 Duo Core 2 You-o?

By sellmesanity
Jul 23, 2006
  1. So who is going to get the new intel Core 2 Duo? It comes out on the 24th i hear. What do you guys feel about AMD now that intel is on top again?

2. KingCody

KingCody TS Evangelist Posts: 992   +8

another AMD vs. Intel thread? lol don't we have enough of these already? :haha:

3. sellmesanity

sellmesanity TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 162

AHhh now I just feel stupid. I will still give my opinion, however. Intel is very appealing now...when directx 10 comes out, I am going to build an intel machine. For now, I am sticking with AMD cause I had a 3000+ and it broke, so I sent it in to them and they gave me back a 3500+. That's sweet.

4. THERAP1ST

THERAP1ST TS Rookie Posts: 57

Major AMD price cuts w00t!

5. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

I'll wait for at least a couple of months before I decide which way to go - Core 2 Duo, Woodcrest or Opteron.

6. JMMD

JMMD TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 854

I'm waiting. I may upgrade one PC to a new really cheap x2 AMD and then a Conroe for my game PC.

7. KingCody

KingCody TS Evangelist Posts: 992   +8

the recent news of AMD acquiring ATI may change things a bit ;)

the reason being... if AMD cannot make a faster processor [yet], they can still create a faster platform:
    this was supposed to happen anyways, but now that ATI will most likely become part of AMD, I see this happening alot sooner :D

cheers :wave:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.