Is the virus really gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran a spybot search and destroy on my computer to eliminate a virus. It moved some files and deleted one. My computer is no longer acting crazy, however, it won't connect to the internet any more. It says there is not an internet connection and I should choose to work offline or try again. My computer is hooked up to a network and it is the only computer on the network that is having trouble connecting. When I run the task manager it has several programs (30-40) listed and the list changes every couple of seconds. When I try to end one program it asks if I'm sure I want to continue because information from that file could be lost or damaged...What is going on with my computer!?

Well I usually say yes because I am aware of the programs I am ending.

The amount of prosesses usually does not change the way the network works.

Are you sure the cables are conected properly?
It has to be a problem with the network's conectivity, contact you ISP

it could be the connectivity of the cable, but if you eliminate tis then it sounds like there could be malware blocking your network connection

follow the Virus/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions then post your logs and the result of the Panda Antirootkit in a new thread in the Security and the Web forum if there is not a problem with the physical connection to your network

if u have to install drivers for your network card they could have gotten screwed up, this would be the first thing I would try to check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back