Is The Virus Really Gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran a spybot search and destroy on my computer to eliminate a virus. It moved some files and deleted one. My computer is no longer acting crazy, however, it won't connect to the internet any more. It says there is not an internet connection and I should choose to work offline or try again. My computer is hooked up to a network and it is the only computer on the network that is having trouble connecting. When I run the task manager it has several programs (30-40) listed and the list changes every couple of seconds. When I try to end one program it asks if I'm sure I want to continue because information from that file could be lost or damaged...What is going on with my computer!? Did the virus permanently damage my computer?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Have you tried connecting to the internet on any other computers in your house ( if available )?

Please follow the directions below and post new logs for ComboFix, HiJackThis and AVG anti-spyware, also let me know the results of the Panda RootKit

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

This thread is for the use of Boombadda only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

i can't connect to the internet to download these programs...is there any other way to go about doing this or get these programs on my computer? my only problem is connecting to the internet. an internet window won't even pup up when i click on ie. all my other programs run smoothly :/

Boombadda said:
i can't connect to the internet to download these programs...is there any other way to go about doing this or get these programs on my computer? my only problem is connecting to the internet. an internet window won't even pup up when i click on ie. all my other programs run smoothly :/
you can download programs on another computer like your friend's pc or at cyber cafe, and then put the installs on a cd or thumbdrive and bring them to your computer ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back