Is there a way to reverse stereo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amigosdefox

In my other post

http://www.3dspotlight.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=342

I asked if I could amplify the sound card`s audio out volume because it was too low on my headphones. I have a pair of speakers which have a headphone jack and it amplifies the sound enough but the problem is that the stupid speakers reverse the stereo on the headphones. This is not a problem when listening to music or just using the desktop but it is horrible when playing counterstrike. So my question is: Is there a way to reverse the general audio stereo or if possible just reverse it in counterstrike? Using my headphones the other way around is not an option because they are shaped in a way that makes it uncomfortable.

hola amigo mexicano :):):)
creo ke hay un software dando vueltas x ahi ke te deja hacer eso, si no tenes la opcion en el menu de sonido de tu tarjeta no creo entonces... no se me ocurre otra forma...

Hey mexican buddy :):):)
I think there is some software that allows u to do this, try and search for it, i can't think of any other way

(I have that setting in my options)

If you are running your speakers through a receiver, then make sure that the speakers wires are not crossed. I have not heard of this as a problem with regular PC speakers, but maybe. Let me know if they are going through a receiver.

maybe u can just search for a console command... type "s_" on the console and then press tab till u find something like
/s_reversestereo or something like that... and just enable it

I am not using a reciever, I think my speakers are just very cheap and were screwed up when made. The sound coming throught he speakers is correct but reversed when heard through the headphones connected to the speaker. I know its not the headphones, ive tried others too. Ive looked for a reverse stereo command in half life but I think there isnt any.

I am not using a reciever, I think my speakers are just very cheap and were screwed up when made. Ive looked for a reverse stereo command in half life but I think there isnt any.

then someting is wrong.. do u have the latest drivers? can't u just change the speakers position or something?

lol

Brilliant suggestion.
Just change the speaker round the other way ;)
Nice one Federelli....

Originally posted by Amigosdefox
I am not using a reciever, I think my speakers are just very cheap and were screwed up when made. The sound coming throught he speakers is correct but reversed when heard through the headphones connected to the speaker. I know its not the headphones, ive tried others too. Ive looked for a reverse stereo command in half life but I think there isnt any.
You could take the speakers/ headphone jack apart, and rewire it properly, it's a pretty easy job, if you have a solder gun.
If you don't feel capable, perhaps someone you know could help you.

Not laughing at you. Laughing with you.
This is an easy fix, which does not involve loading up extra software or rewiring or anything other than swapping the speakers round :)

I can reverse the speakers but I cant reverse the headphones. The speakers have a headphone plug but it reverses the stereo.

I can reverse the speakers but I cant reverse the headphones. The speakers have a headphone plug but it reverses the stereo.

so put the headphones on backwards?

also check the sound properties in the control panel, i believe you can switch it there...i could be wrong though

why don't you buy like a headphone wire extension wire and then cut it in the middle and switch the two wires around. That way you wouldn't have to mess up your headphones, you could still use them in a discman, and you're chord would be longer too.

Don´t you read what I write?

so put the headphones on backwards?

I will have to quote myself.

Using my headphones the other way around is not an option because they are shaped in a way that makes it uncomfortable.

I suppouse I will have to cut some wires to reverse the stupid thing. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back