Is There Any Way to Speed up World of Warcraft's Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThaUnknown

I know i dont have much RaM and you know graphict but this is obsurd. I play World of Warcraft and when i go to Stormwind i lag so hard that i cant even move. It makes me soooo mad and i just want to stop this. I just need to clean my PC and speed it up a bit. If i have to change some options in WoW it really doesent matter. When im on WoW the Latency isnt low so it is definately not my connection, its the client.

Latency should be as low as possible. High latency causes lag. Low-end computer hardware causes low FPS.

Maybe you should reformat your computer and see about getting an upgrade to high speed internet.

As this is an online game, you may need to be a bit more descriptive about what you term "lag"...

By online terms, this means the game plays fast and zippy, but network updates are "laggy"- i.e. you can run all over town no problems, but clicking on a merchant or trying to loot, etc.etc.. anything that requires a roundtrip to the server has a long pause.

If you mean the framerate is poor- turning the mouse and moving is slow and choppy, this kind of lag would be performance on your computer.

If your lag problem is the latter, some system specs would help. What processor, speed, videocard, memory, operating system, etc.etc.

2 big things here...first, what internet connection do you have (cable/dsl/dialup)?? regaurdless of the type, you can still have a low latency. Latency is just the time it takes for your computer to send 1 "packet" to the server and get it back.

2nd, When you walk into a place like SW, theres a lot of people, buildings, bright flashy things, and what not. That data, and a lot of it. A slow internet connection will be slow in getting all this info of the server and on your screen.

There should be some options to ease the load on your computer, like turning down the graphics, resolution, turn off shadows, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back