Is thic PC worth buying?

Appears to be approx. $1547.61 US dollars. I say its insanely overpriced. but you will be able to play next gen games. Not on max settings, but you will be able to.

Seems like a pretty typical unoptimised pre-built machine: way overpowered CPU, crap PSU and mobo.

I would suggest either to build your own or find a dedicated system builder where you can choose the components yourself.

At that price, its a complete rip off when compared to just building your own or other sites. I could build a much more powerful machine for 1500 US easily which according to the person above would be the exchange.

My suggestion, depending on where your located, if you dont want to deal with building your own, I would go to cyberpowerpc.com or ibuypower.com as their prices while not the best will be a better deal than buying that machine.

There's about AUD $1000 (US$900) worth of parts in the build.
I haven't come across a Coolermaster B500 case with PSU. Coolermaster cases are OK but there are better PSUs around for sure. The i7 4770 is pretty good. An i7 4770k is better for an enthusiast (overclockability). The Mobo is low end too - have a look for an 87 series chipped board. The RAM should be OK but these days you can get 1866 MHz RAM for the same price as 1600MHz. Gainward is a bit of a weird choice. I'd prefer Asus, Gigabyte, MSI or EVGA. 2GB HDD seems to be best price performance size. A lot of people also like to have an SSD for faster load times. I prefer Seagate Barracuda though. And most people prefer Windows 7 to 8.

So overall - too high price for not very good components. For US$1500 you could get a lot better.

I feel like for $900 USD you could do better in the US at least.
There is nothing wrong with Gainward.

There's no point getting a 4770 with a Z87, you can just use a B85.
In fact the most you should spend on the CPU is whatever it costs for a 4670/k.

Not a fan of the B500w power supply.

Choosing B85 of Z87 is a matter of overclocking or not, which I can't answer for the OP.
But what I meant to get across above is that it'd be silly to buy a 4770 non k and a Z87 at the same time.
The OP picked out a B85 motherboard and a non k processor which is good, except I think the 4770 over the 4670 is a complete waste of money.

Back