Is this a computer that can run most games like black desert on ultra or at least high

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jmQjP6
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jmQjP6/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($239.95 @ SuperBiiz)

CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($34.50 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: MSI Z170A GAMING M5 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($132.98 @ Newegg)

Memory: G.Skill NT Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($56.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($52.90 @ Amazon)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($65.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB Double Dissipation Video Card ($303.98 @ Newegg)

Case: NZXT Phantom 530 (White) ATX Full Tower Case ($114.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified
Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($48.99 @ NCIX US)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) ($86.86 @ Amazon)
Total: $1138.13

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-30 15:34 EDT-0400

Any suggestions will be helpful, my budget is $1250

I wouldn't worry about adding more fans, as much as buying a chassis / case that has good cable management features and good airflow. Now, I didn't take too much of a look at your chosen case, but as long as it offers those two things in a decent capacity, you should be fine. If, when you're all setup and running and you think your temps are too high, I'd then think about adding additional cooling. But, It's not something I'd recommend investing in when you're not sure you even need it.

Additionally, I'd probably swap out your current cooler for something like the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo. It's one of the most tried and true CPU coolers ever made and comes at an extremely small price tag. This isn't to say the one you picked is bad, I just can't imagine it offering better performance than the Evo even though it costs more money. It's something to think about.

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry about adding more fans, as much as buying a chassis / case that has good cable management features and good airflow. Now, I didn't take too much of a look at your chosen case, but as long as it offers those two things in a decent capacity, you should be fine. If, when you're all setup and running and you think your temps are too high, I'd then think about adding additional cooling. But, It's not something I'd recommend investing in when you're not sure you even need it.

Additionally, I'd probably swap out your current cooler for something like the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo. It's one of the most tried and true CPU coolers ever made and comes at an extremely small price tag. This isn't to say the one you picked is bad, I just can't imagine it offering better performance than the Evo even though it costs more money. It's something to think about.
Thank you so much, you're so wonderful for taking the time to help a PC spec noob such as myself. But before I close this thread, I have one last question. How long will this PC last before I have to upgrade a few parts. Once again thank you for the help, and just knowing the answer to the question above will help me be aware of when I should expect to look for new parts.

Swap the CPU for a i7 and the SSD you want a Samsung Pro I promise you. other than that fine

From a non-business perspective the i5 will be sufficient. And I see no reason to get Samsung Pro over the Samsung Evo. Why push specs for the sake of pushing cutting edge?

From a non-business perspective the i5 will be sufficient. And I see no reason to get Samsung Pro over the Samsung Evo. Why push specs for the sake of pushing cutting edge?

He asked about a top end Gaming Machine if you like intell cpu's (personally I prefer AMD but that's my choice) but for top end gaming a i7 and the difference on a Samsung Pro just read the specs any ***** can do that and Samsung put their money where their mouth is by giving a ten year warranty on the Pro range NO OTHER SSD manufacturer does that.

Mind you I have only been building custom machines for 25 years what do I know.

Oh and to make it clear the EVO only gets three years warranty against the Pro's ten

Thank you so much, you're so wonderful for taking the time to help a PC spec noob such as myself. But before I close this thread, I have one last question. How long will this PC last before I have to upgrade a few parts. Once again thank you for the help, and just knowing the answer to the question above will help me be aware of when I should expect to look for new parts.

That's a question that I doubt anyone can give a definitive answer to. It all depends on how tech advances over the next couple years and what you'll be using this PC to do. For gaming and daily browsing, you should be good for the next couple years. With that said, there is no way to be for sure. I wouldn't worry about upgrades until the tasks you prioritize start to degrade in performance to a point that you find undesirable. That could happen in a year from now, or ten. It all depends.

Let us know how your new build works out for you.

He asked about a top end Gaming Machine if you like intell cpu's (personally I prefer AMD but that's my choice) but for top end gaming a i7 and the difference on a Samsung Pro just read the specs any ***** can do that and Samsung put their money where their mouth is by giving a ten year warranty on the Pro range NO OTHER SSD manufacturer does that.

Mind you I have only been building custom machines for 25 years what do I know.
I just want to point out that even if he did decide to upgrade to an i7 and Samsung Pro, it wouldn't make that big of a difference in terms of his gaming performance. As you probably know, an SSD doesn't do anything beyond speed up loading times when it comes to gaming. The i5 vs i7 will provide very similar gaming performance for the most part. Now, considering those things, there really wouldn't be a good reason to grab the i7 and samsung pro.

Back