Is This a Good Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like both those cards that you suggested. which one would you reccommend, GPU, are really not,my area of expertise.

...AMD

Well on the ATI card, it showed two clips on the bottom whereas my PCI hove one clip in them.

I don't think you could go wrong with either one as they have been around for awhile. If it comes down to price, go for the Nvidia. Also, having watched this board for awhile, the Nvidia's seem to get more praise.

The issue I see with the 6200 is that it is only 64 bit and is only 128MB. It is less expensive than the others, though.

If I were you I would go with the BFG 5500 overclocked. I think it is a very good card for only being a pci based card.

--sorry i missed the part about only having PCI. I thought you had an AGP slot as well.

happy shopping

I wish i had an AGP slot availabe.

This is jst a cheap emachines T3882 im trying to upgrade o make Windows Vista Premium Capable.

specs:
2.8 GHz intel Celeron D 335
512BM RAM/ i have another stick of 512 on order
80GB Western Digital 7200RPM/ 68GB free
300W PSU
Intel chipset
emachiens black and graphite case

You'll need to throw out the cash if you wanna a good PC. I almost had the same setup as you some months ago.
It costed me almost $300 to upgrade to a decent machine :(

as it is, it may be vista capable, but without the bells and whistles...

if you wait a bit longer, you may be able to buy an x1300 in PCI form. they are not avaiable in the US yet

it will be able to run the vista areo effects, which I'm assuming is what you want to do

cheers :wave:

Yes, i really like the Aero effects, so i want to be able to upgrade To Windows Vista Premium. I ran the upgrade advisor on my pC, and the only thing it pointed out i need to do to run Windows Vista Premium, was upgrade to 1GB RAM, and upgrade the viseo card to at leat 128MB.

...AMD

The X1300 PCI that KingCody suggested is a good choice for those fancy Aero effects.

Just get ready to get more than 1GB RAM, because I'm pretty sure that Vista will eat memory a lot, with all those effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back