TechSpot

Is this a good deal or what?!

By Fight2Win
Jun 16, 2005
  1. Genuine Gateway 506GR PC!
    Pentium 4 3.2GHz HT CPU! 1GB of DDR!
    200GB SATA HDD! Dual-Layer DVD Burner!
    Tired of passing up that powerhouse computer you’ve always wanted because it was just too expensive? Now you can have a monster machine of your own for a price you can easily afford! Yes, this Gateway 506GR packs the power and speed of a corporate-class computer, but costs just a fraction of what the Fortune 500 firms pay for a high-performance superstar.

World-Class Features and Components!
    This genuine Gateway 506GR PC is loaded with world-class components from top to bottom. A masterful Pentium 4 3.2GHz HyperThreading Technology processor! 1GB of awesomely fast DDR memory! A massive 200GB SATA hard drive! Yes, the Gateway 506GR delivers the kind of breakthrough performance and reliability you’ve always dreamed about. You will blast through today’s toughest, most graphics-intensive applications with more than enough muscle waiting to tackle tomorrow’s increasingly complex programs. This gorgeous Gateway has nothing but leading-edge features all the way. It has a fast, reliable Dual-Layer DVD±RW burner and boasts superb audio and video capability. And all systems run flawlessly on the award-winning Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition operating system. The Gateway 506GR brings outstanding all-around computing to professionals, students and home users alike. Don’t pass up the powerhouse Gateway 506GR! It's fast, it’s efficient and it’s affordable!

Specifications
    Operating Systems- Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition SP1
    Processor Brand- Intel®
    Processor Class- Pentium® 4
    Processor Number- 540
    Processor Speed- 3.20GHz
    Additional Technologies HyperThreading Technology
    Memory Type-DDR
    Total Memory-1.0GB
    Interface- SATA
    Capacity- 200GB
    Optical Drive Type- DVD±RW Dual Layer
    DVD-ROM
    Audio Description- Integrated Audio
    Graphics Description- Integrated Graphics ( i got Ti4200)
    Communications Description-Integrated LAN Support
    Data Transfer Rate- 10Mbps/100Mbps
    Power- 300 Watt

Price: $679.97
    Compare at $999.99
    You Save $320.02

Its Refurbished- Gateway

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1279497&CatId=0

Is it worth it, cause if it is im buying it right now.

2. Fight2Win

Fight2Win TS Rookie Topic Starter

3. vnf4ultra

vnf4ultra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,388

It's not too bad of a price, but it doens't have a monitor.

I don't know if the graphics can be upgraded.

4. compguy

compguy TS Rookie Posts: 162

Video Card

vnf4ultra you are right my friend has that gateway computer and he said it was a mistake 4 buying it cuz you cannot upgrade the computers graphic's card. :knock: :knock: Also it has intigrated graphics. :zzz:

SebastiAn

5. kol_indian

kol_indian TS Rookie Posts: 316

I dont think that is worth for the money u r paying for it, i remeber vnf4 ultra, suggesting a better peice of hardware for someone else for lot less than that check it out, weigh all your options before buying it. :grinthumb

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.