Is this a good gaming rig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sw123

Hi:

I wanted to play some modern games, so I was eondering if this was a good gaming rig:

Processor: Intel Celeron 2.60 GHz
MoBo: Intel 845GV
Video: PNY Verto GeForce FX5500 128MB Dual VGA PCI with Pixel Shader 2.0+ support.
Sound: Creative SoundBlaster Live! 24-Bit External USB.
Harddrive: Western Digital IDE 80 GB
O/S: Windows XP Home edition SP1

Also, should I be able to play SW KOTOR II, SW BF2, and games like that?

Thanks, sw123

if you want to be able to play BF2 without lagg go for atlest a nvivda 6200 or an ati 9600 and you need ATLEST 512mb of RAM

Not even worth it to uprgrade to that. Save up, and get at least a agp slot, if not pci-e motherboard.Then, uprgade your cpu to at least a pentium 4.

I dont think any pci-celeron combo could run any game even decently.

i'd agree.. you'd probably lost the most points with having the word "celeron" in that pc.. save up or get a pentium equivilent or AMD compatible chip for that mobo, if it can handle it..

Lol, first thing I noticed was CELERON. It kinda stings just seeing the name there, associated with gaming :p

In fact, if you want to do anything associated with gaming, Celeron is your last choice, I didn't even notice the crappy video card. Get something that says PCIe, at least when you want to upgrade, there's less of a problem.

I can play KOTOR I without lag(or hardly any, if any), and I dont know if I can get a processor upgrade. This is my first PC, and I like it. BTW, i think that nvidia 6200 is about the same as a fx5500, but I will get sw bf2 soon.

there isnt much difference between a 6200 and a 5500, their both really bad. Props on your first system, it is a great step, but you asked for are opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back