is this a good pc/gaming computer/ all around good fast computer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nosgothhunter

Hi :) can any of you help me please?? I went in to buy a computer today and the guy offerd me this system but its diffrent from wnhat i wanted but alot cheaper (and the guy says its just as good) soheres the specs

processor
Athlon64 3500+
• Processor Type - AMD Athlon64 3500+
• Clock Speed - 2.2 GHz (Equivelent to Pentium 3.5Ghz)
• Processor Socket - 939Socket
• Cache Level 1 Size - 128KB
• Architecture features:HyperTransport technology, AMD64 technology, integrated memory controller, Enhanced Virus Protection
• Cache Memory Installed Size L2 Cache - 512KB

RAM
1024Mb Kingston Ram DDR 400mhz (DDR3)

Hard drive
Maxtor Diamondmax 10 Serial ATA150 200Gb Harddisc drive

Graphics card
GEFORCE 7800GT

DRIVE
NEC 16x Dual Layer DVD±RW Drive/RAM

Motherboard

(the guy didn’t say the mother boards name just gave me this description)
A stunning board from Asuswhich allows you to use the best socket 939 processors, DDR memory and todays fastest graphics cards!. With SATA RAID, 4 x 184-pin DIMM Sockets support max. 4GB of DDR400/DDR333/DDR266 ECC/un-ECC un-buffered DDR SDRAM memory, PCI-Express X16, Gigabit LAN, ASUS AI Proactive Features and overclocking capability, this board is the performer of the year. Using the groundbreaking HyperTransport technology and gushing with extra capacity and peripherals support as well as first class onboard 8-channel High Definition Audio, this board can easily be your foundation for a superb system.
• PCI Express x16 graphics:
PCI Express x16 graphics delivers up to 8GB/s per direction this is the fastest graphics card port available.
• High Definition Audio:
On board Realtek ALC850 8-Channel CODEC.
Three Universal Audio Jack (UAJ®)
• 8 USB2.0 ports

im just worried that after i have installed about 30GB of data on it it will do a slow down and take ages to load any program like this computer does :(

So is this worth £800?? Thanks for your help :)

P.s sorry for the lack of info just in a hurry :( its 6am *cries* (in uk)

P.s incase a guy who helped me a while ago picking out a new pc reads this and thinks ive ignored his help i havent :) This PC is for a friend for X mas :) thanks once again for all the help you gave me :)

It looks like a nice, fast computer. When you say you "went in to buy a computer", where did you go? Is this something a neighbor put together, or from a reputable retail store?

I'm afraid I don't know too much about british currency. How much is that in dollars? I know the video card costs a pretty penny.

ops too late brought it lol :) I know most of its good just..seemed ttoo good to be true wanted some ones else opion and thanks for your made me feel better now. Ummm its about $1,334.53 (sorry shud have said) :)

Wellll i found out from a guy who worked in this shop (its a local shop in town) that the guy i spoke to was going to buy one off E-Bay and add £100 to it :/ and thought i should know. So i went on e bay found the same one (i think) and brought it with a few lil upgrades. I also brought a monitor too for like $470 which is for gamin and 19" so its all cum togeather cheaper than what i exspected :)

P.s just a quick question is it possible to upgrade the master harddrive? This one im getting is 200GB and i could add one i supose its just.. i went and got a new one added to this computer i have now and since then its been like a snail!! the old one was 40GB and the new one is 80GB using a celeron processor 2.0GHZ and a rubbish mother bord! (i know this isnt the right forum to ask that and i am sorry) :) xx

P.s heres the pc

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8715771852&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT (with case 4)

It should be able to play any of the new games quite easily. I wish I was getting it for christmas :(. Only thing is people tell me to get a better power supply than what comes with the case ecspecially if you are going to have that kind of hardware in it.

*hugs* come along man pull your self togeather now:( how could father x mas get that down your chimney?? I dont think the PCTCH supprt people would beleave you when you call them and say "father x mas dropped it down my chimney" :( :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back