Is this a good PSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mossimoboy

Hey everyone,

Just finished my x-mas list for my new system upgrade.
I decided to go with a vnf4ultra athlon 64 board, and it was recommended by
VNF4Ultra(the user here) to get a better PSU than I have now.

I looked at some compatible PSUs, as well as some he showed me,
but I decided to go with this one.
ePOWER Puma2 450W PSU, 24 pin mobo connector.
The reviews look great, and so do the pictures. :)
Will it be right for the new AMD pci-e system? (its got 3 fans btw)

Thanks in advance

P.S. hopefully looking for an answer from vnf4ultra, but any others will be appreciated.

that psu doent look so bad but some google reasherch can get you reviews, 28amps will do for most people if your not doing sli or runnig 4+ hard drives, but if you are building a new amd sli setup i would go for something good like vnf4 has the tagan is quility and has so many connectors, you can also look into antic and frotron as they make good psus, but overall for a newer system i wouldnt go under 450 watts with dueal rails, that was you have room for 4 hard dirves, sli and a new prossor without upgraqding your psu

No.. only 1 HD, and 1 video card.. I'm still gonna go with it.
The reviews look great so, I'm gonna go with the puma, I heard ePOWER makes really quiet psu's too.

it would be a good PS if you´re not planing to use too much stuff inside your computer (things like SLI videocards, overclock, a lot of coolers, etc)

for a regular computer with only 1 videocard and the basic configuration, it must be good enought.

but, if you really wanna get a pretty one, I would recommend you to spend only $30 bucks more to get something like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103457

-485W
-dual 12v+;
-pfc active;

that´s my advice. but it´s your money so, think about it.
good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back