Is this a good video card??

Status
Not open for further replies.

akaivan

Hi everyone i have a Nvidia2 mx 200. Is this a good video card? will it run alright pc games like warcraft, battlefield, counterstrike? I like detail so what do you think of this video card. :)

Yeah, that's a great card!

FOR 5 YEARS AGO!

You definately need a new card. It will probably run battlefield, but not battlefield 2. And It won't run any new games. Let me know if your looking for a new card, and I'll help you out!

yea im looking for something new. But something cheap, any ideas? im only 15. so im low on cash

first of all, why does being 15 years old limit your vid card funds?? I had alot more $$ when I was 15 and living at home with no car than I do now!!!! lol

second ofall... what you call "cheap", give a maximum $$ amount.

also, to help you out the most, list your system specs here so we can see what vid card would be best for your system.

I'm only 18, and I don't have a lot of money either. But you can get a good card for cheap! What is your price range. What mobo do you have. What processor, ram, hard drive, sound card, psu, and case do you have? Let us know.

All my system specs are located in my profile, take a look. I was hpoing to spend a lil less than 60$. But if you find something like 30$ that would be great.

i would go with the 256mb nvidia if i were you akaivan.. about the same clock speeds and more memory.. good choice for the price...

akaivan said:
Will that run top of the line games???
Yep, on some of the more demanding new games, and those in the future you will have to turn down some of the settings. You won't be running any new games at 1600x1200 with everything maxed or anything like that, but even the newest games should run fair to great on it at 1024x768 with medium to high game settings.

Also: I'm moving this over to the Audio/Video Forum rather than Other Hardware.

I'm not really sure which would be better between the 9550 and the 6200. The reason being that the 6200 in question has a 64bit memory interface which will cripple it's performance compared to a 128bit memory version. Also, I can't find any listed core or memory clocks on the xfx 6200 in question, so it's hard to guess how it will perform, although it has ddr2 memory, so I'd assume it has a higher memory clock than a card with regular ddr, but you never know...

The 6200 would have more advanced features, since it's newer, than the 9550, like shader model 3 support.

if u get a card for less than $60. Its gonna be a waste. Its gonna be bad on teh new games and its only gonna last you no longer than a year cause its sux unless u play the old crappy games.

I would also like to add in that when i bought this computer it had a stick of 512 ram pc2700, wich my mobo didnt allow but it still worked. LOL can I keep this in there?? :confused:

well if u can hold out i would save the money and add to it to get a real good card like a x700 or x1600 or even a 9700 or 9800 pro i just went from a 9700 to a x1600 and i had no probs playing even the game fear with my 9700. no i couldnt max it all out but i could get close. x700's r bout 120 x1600 r bout 140 both at newegg. or check ebay to find a good 9800 pro u can pick them up fairly cheap if u look for the deals.

9xxx series are a pretty good value. I would go with the 9550 over the 6200 just because of the memory interface. Yes the 6200 has 3.0 Shader but, i think the memory interface far outweighs it.

Well some good news:

I have an ok card. its pretty old, but its kinda ok. Its got 128 MB video memory, and its pretty cheap(around $60-$80) Its an ATI Radeon 8500. Cheap, easy to install, and has great video memory. Try it. ATI has it at there site in the discontinued section.

ATI's website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back