Is this A Normal Shutdown??!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I really wouldnt worry about it too much. it sounds like the psu just cuts off power, but theres just a second or two where there is still a little power left in it. As long as evrything else seems normal then dont worry about it, but if it really concerns you then just send it back to tigerdirect, there very understanding with returns. -Nick

akaivan said:
Hello, well i got a great deal on this power supply for a around 20$ shipped.. I know its not that good.
well its a ULTRA
you didn't get a great deal. the plain "ultra" PSUs are garbage and IMO are not even worth $20

akaivan said:
Well when i shutdown i hear the psu shutoff first then like another second goes by then the screen goes off. i dont thiss is normal.. Its not like my other psu.. ANy ideas?!?
yes, that is normal. the monitor is not powered by the PSU, it turns off after it recieves "no signal" from the PC.

Well the revews are good, and i think thats your opionoin cody. I had have severl tell me thats a great psu... Anyways thanks for all your help

KingCody is absolutely correct in his appraisal of Ultra psu`s.

This is a list of bad psu brands and was taken from HERE.

Unscrupulous Power Supply Companies

Achieve
Aerocool
Allied
Aspire
Codegen
Coolmax
Demon
Deer
Devanni.
Dynapower
Eagle
InWin
JustPC
Kingwin
L&C
Linkworld
MGE,
Power-Man
Powmax
Power-Up
Raidmax
Thermaltakes (I’m gonna quote Johnny guru here, but personally I would NEVER put another one in my machine)
Quote:
I think for this crowd, if you recommend any of the Thermaltake ATX12V models, but none of the TruePower 480W PSU's, you wouldn't be doing anyone any disservice
Turbo
Ultra (yes, the pretty looking ones, they are made by a low-quality Chinese company that starts with "Young". Can't get much more generic than that!!!)
X-superalien
X-treme

A cheap psu always has the potential to fry your valuable computer components.

If you go and read the full article, you will see a list of recommended psu`s.

Regards Howard :)

korrupt said:
It should be fine - I don't think it will damage your system
are you going to buy him a new PC when it cooks all his components?

cheap PSUs like that may (and I stress the word may) be able to provide sufficient power for your system, this is why people may say it's good (just read a few useless newegg reviews to find that out). but keep in mind that it will only put out about 60%-70% of what it rated for.

but the real danger in using a cheap PSU is it's voltage regulation and it's protection circuitry, or lack there of. if it's not being taxed, then it will probably work ok. but if it gets taxed then the voltages start to fluctuate to dangerous levels and the PSU may produce a spike of high voltage and current which will pass right through the garbage "so called protection circuitry" and proceed to cook all of your components with it.

chances are that it won't happen, but is the $40 savings worth compromising your $1000+ computer? it's your call, but it would be wise to buy from a reputable brand like Antec, Enermax, PCP&C, fortron who have proven reliable protection and realistic wattage ratings.

ELl i understand, wat does TAXED MEAN?!?! and umm. I have only spent like 160$ on my pc..lol Its was boke wen i got it.. Sorry for my typing

"wat does TAXED MEAN?!?!"
tax Pronunciation (tks)
n.
1. A burdensome or excessive demand; a strain.
tr.v. taxed, tax·ing
1. To make difficult or excessive demands upon: a boss who taxed everyone's patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back