Is this good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if I'm in the right place for this. But I'm might buy this computer with these specifications:

It's the Acer Aspire T136 + AL1717AS
AMD Sepmron 3100+ Processor (1.8 GHz)
Videocard: SIS 761GX Onboard, 128 Mb shared

Is that good enough to play some standard 3d games? Like some racing games or so?

I think an AGP Card or PCI would be better, as integrated is not that impressive. i used to have integrated intel extreme graphics 64mb and it performed ok i spose for the specs i had at the time. i think it should be ok as it was made with the AMD processor with hypertransport. like i say im not to sure. you had better wait for a SIS pro to reply.
What games also?

Videocard: SIS 761GX Onboard, 128 Mb shared
Like posted above, this isn't realy practicable for any sort of gaming, let alone 3D games such as CS/Half life etc.. but for those 2D/low spec games its ok..

And if i believe i got the correct specs then that 256mb of ram doesn't contribute to any intense game playing anytime soon..

I suggest you get parts and custom build your PC if you were thinking of buying a new one. you save alot of $$$. Also come sin handy if you want to upgrade, just take out the part and replace with a new part.

Hello! definitely a SIS onboard graphics will not help to play most of the 3D games, by past experience I had with any kind of onboard graphics (except for ATI onboard, I haven't tried those) and I mean SIS, S3, Intel. those graphic cards are basically to turn on the computer, text processing, maybe watch a movie and play 2D games, nothing more, High detailed graphic games won't run (Need for speed MW, BF 2, AOE III, Prey, Doom 3) , and some will run but with a very low performance. If you are really into gaming I suggest to build your own computer, I personally disagree that It will be cheaper (I mean knowing that some dells and Acer are around 400 bucks), but definitely you'll get a much better computer than any OEM, besides you can start with a low butget, just make a good investment on the MOBO and Processor and you can buy a basic RAM and HDD, and later on you can upgrade those components, I have built a decent average gaming machine for around 600 bucks, I mean not the best rig any gamer could dream of but definitely much better than any OEM for gaming. Good Luck

Don't Use Onboard Gfx

That SiS chip won't do you any good, other than for some text processing or web-surfing.

If you want any kind of "current" 3d games, I suggest you get an add-in graphics card.

What kind of slots does the motherboard have and how powerful is the power-supply? If the motherboard has an AGP/PCI-E x16 slot (and your power-supply has enough juice for a good card) you can probably buy that pc and then buy a seperate graphics card and add it in.

Another option is simply building a whole pc from scratch, which, when compared to dells/emachines/hps, is in the same price range will be much faster. Besides, you will know exactly what you're getting so you'll know what you can upgrade and what you will not.

Good luck.

Well i built my PC for around £300 -

ATI Radeon 9600XT
2GB RAM
Intel Pentium 4 Northwood HT 3.0GHz
Windows XP
VIA P4VM800 CHipset

Now thats pretty cheap for a brand new PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back