TechSpot

Is this normal

By 2crazy2furious
Dec 5, 2007
  1. im getting a weird readings using both the bios and other third party software programs they all say v12.675 to 12.608, i just baught this psu a few months back, i also tried this psu with 2 motherboards and 2 different kits of ram, and 4 different video cards the votages still stays the same, every few days i get a bsod of death, is this normal, its a ocz stealth stream 600watt +12v 18amps x4, this is my second rig

2. pdyckman@comcas

pdyckman@comcas TS Rookie Posts: 527

The highest I've seen a 12v rail is 13.08 volts. I think as long as it doesn't sink below 12v you should be O.K. Did you do all the component changing because of a continuing BSOD problem?

3. Daveskater

Daveskater Banned Posts: 1,687

That could be normal changei nhte voltages, as it's less than 0.1V

You should not get a BSOD (the D stands for death, btw ;)) from a power supply problem, go to C:\WINDOWS\Minidump and put your 5 most recent into a zip file then attach it to a new reply in this thread

4. 2crazy2furious

2crazy2furious TS Rookie Topic Starter

like i said it doesnt matter when computer i hook up this psu too it still shows the same, ok thanks ill try that and let u know

5. 2crazy2furious

2crazy2furious TS Rookie Topic Starter

ok these are the differents parts ive tried, asus 6200 128 agp card, evga 7800gs oc agp 256mb, sapphire x1950pro 512mb agp, x1600pro 256mb pci-e, asus a8n-e, 2gb kit of patriot pc3200, 1 gb kit of pc3200 ocz premier, apacer 512mb pc3200, lol i know your think why so many different parts well i had this psu in my first comp for a little bit, untill i ugraded,all the parts i listed above i get the same 12.675 to 12.608 with random shut downs

6. Daveskater

Daveskater Banned Posts: 1,687

The voltage differences and shutdowns are possibly not related if it is giving you a BSOD. Please attach your dumps to a new reply.

It is normal for voltages to change slightly whilst the pc is on, if I sit and watch my BIOS, the voltages on my PSU change all the time, not always very much but they do change.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.