Is this overheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, i just bought a X600 XT (Sapphire) PCIe Slot a few days ago and i am having the following problem which i think caused by overheating. Whenever i play games like Doom3 or HL2 in recommanded options, the game crashes after 20 minutes and my screen flashes. I don't think it's a driver problem as i tried both ATI CCC and Omega drivers and i had the same problem except that with Omega i played just a little longer. When i removed the cover of my case, i can play up to 40 minutes without crashing then the same problem occurs. Pls help me on this one!!! The specs of my PC are as follows:

Operating System: WINXP PRO SP2
CPU: INTEL P4 3400 MHz (17 x 200)
1024 RAM (2 X 512)
RADEON X600 XT (SAPPHIRE) 256MB (PCIe slot)
Creative Audigy 2 LS Sound Card

Temperatures readings:
Motherboard 41 °C (106 °F)
CPU 55 °C (131 °F)
Aux 40 °C (104 °F)
Maxtor 6Y080M0 44 °C (111 °F)

Cooling Fans:
CPU 1803 RPM
System 611 RPM

Voltage Values:
CPU Core 1.32 V
+1.5 V 1.47 V
+3.3 V 3.35 V
+5 V 5.16 V
+12 V 11.81 V
Debug Info V 71 71 C3 C6 BD 37 29 28

So, if u think my GPU is overheated, pls tell me ways to solve this problem. Thanks in advance

yeah, i thikn its overheating, and make sure the fan on the gpu is spinning, my suggestion is go buy a different fan for your gpu.

Invest money on Panaflow or Delta case fans other wise your system is going to fry. It would help if you told us how many fans your case have and what size they are.

OK, i have one rear fan, one fan for the CPU, and another for the GPU. (i just upgraded my PC with my old case) Now, i have some questions: shall i dig another hole in my case and add another fan or is it better to just buy another fan (or watercooling) for my GPU? Can i solve this problem without attaching anything to my card? And if i want to buy a new case, what brand or type should i get?

The cheapest solution is to add fans far less expensive than watercooled . watercooled is ok for extreme overclock. for the CPU they have some really bad boys heatsinks for around $29.00 to $49.00 . bad boys fans like Panaflow and Delta are $14.95 U.S or 7.50 pounds. once your inside of your case cools down your graphic card well also cool down. ideal would be 2 x 120mm38mm medium speed . High speed around 100 CFM if your not super sensitive to noise with 120mm .. dont get high speed 80mm they well drive you mad.

All right, i am a cheap bastard so i will go for another fan. I will remove my old fan and put in a new one but I have one small question: where shall i put my second fan? Which place is the best? Above my case? Thanks for replying.

libin said:
All right, i am a cheap bastard so i will go for another fan. I will remove my old fan and put in a new one but I have one small question: where shall i put my second fan? Which place is the best? Above my case? Thanks for replying.
How many fans you have now? and what size fans are they? and what brand PC case you have?.

libin said:

THe best place to put them is where you have the room lol. If you dont have any more places, you can add holes, its not hard, but it is alot easier to put them where the holes exsist. You want at least one intake, CPU, and a exhaust. Also a PCI cooler would be a great cheap idea.

Sean

BTW-i just noticed you had a sapphire x600. I had one of thse, hence the word had. I fried it after 3 months. In that case a upgraded card cooler is what i would recomend as that card runs hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back