Is this Pc Runnig High temps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyber

This is actually my friends computer. He just upgraded his Graphic card and his Power supply...
Comp Specs:
AMD Athlon XP, 2166 MHz (13 x 167) 3000+
1gb Ram (2 x 512) Pc 2700
160 Gb Hd
XFX GeForce 6800 Xtreme / 256MB GDDR3 / AGP 8x / (Link)
Xion / 600-Watt Ver. 2.0/ ATX / 140mm / 20/24-Pin (Link)

Temps From, Hmoniter:

Cpu : 47C
Hdd : 35C
Graphic Card: 52C

Dun know if these temps are high... oh and the cpu temp went up to 52 while we were playing Command & Conquer Generals....

Need advice fast... and some times the Cpu Fan starts to spin really fast and makes a loud sound....

Thanks in Advance
Cyber

No, those temps look fine. The AthlonXP 3000+ max temp is something around 80-85c and you are 52c at full load. No problems with temps there.

Oh ok.. thanks for your replay... so 52 is normal....

but after playing the game for like 20 mins the temp went up to 72... so I’m guessing its the heat sink... ryte? so i will be replacing it tomorrow or is the "HMonitor" software... if u guys have used it b4 then is it always correct?

oh and the temp for the graphic card is ok too ryte... it stays 50C-52C...

thanks in advence...
cyber

the 6800 makes 52C in full load???? wow!!! its a great temp for a stock cooler.
I achieve these temps with a NV Silencer 5 and artic silver.
And if not in full load, its ok anyway... as the are lower than 70-80C you will be just fine. these cards can take much temperature.

I have another question... Can a high level PSU or a High Level graphic card Kill the motherbod or the cpu in any way...

thanks in advance
Cyber

Nope. Your motherboard will be fine. It only uses the power it needs. Same with the graphics card. As long as you have the same type of card as your board (PCE-e vs. AGP) your motherboard is not at risk of any damage.

Artik2 said:
But a mobo can kill your v.card if is not correctly plugged.

That or the reverse, if you jam your card in incorrectly you can damage the motherboard.

DonNagual said:
Nope. Your motherboard will be fine. It only uses the power it needs. Same with the graphics card. As long as you have the same type of card as your board (PCE-e vs. AGP) your motherboard is not at risk of any damage.
... PCE-e? Lol! Nice one Don.

I had a thermaltake 10+ on a 2500+ clock around the same 2.1Ghz , idle around @40c Load @48c

Watercooled at 2.2Ghz idles@32c load @35-40c.

47c is norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back