Is this router better then the one I have got at the moment?

By Ancell
Dec 23, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. I am currently using:

and am thinking of buying:

I want to improve the signal around my house, I cant support N but I think the TP-Link runs G mode aswell, also with 3x antennas, am I correct to say this would improve the signal alot?

Thanks in advance.

"I was going to go with this originally" with
    to replace my current router ...

Any advice much appreciated. I really just want to order something new asap.
  2. Ancell

Ancell TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 84

The reason behind wanting a new router, apart from boosting my wireless for my xbox etc... is that my laptop just keeps losing connection alot, I have changed channel but no help, also it cant even find other networks where as it use to... my dads laptop would find around 9-10 wireless networks, When I first got this laptop I could sit in my garden and have the wireless working, now just a bedroom across from where the router is I get around 2 bars.

If I went downstairs... I could only wish to get a connection for this laptop, I took it to pcworld for them to check out the problem a few months ago which was free because of my insurance, and they said they couldn't see a problem as the wireless worked in there shop. I am stuck on what to do, I dont want to take it pcworld to see if my wireless card is damaged, because they would charge £100 something which is a £10 job just to check.

I dont know much about laptops only pc's I tried to check inside my laptop.. but the screws are scratched, not sure why, maybe from my free check up which I mentioned.

I am kind of puzzled on what to do, If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it alot, its driving me mad on what to do.

Just to add even with I am getting 1mb/s download speed while my dads laptop next to mine is getting 16mb/s, my laptop never use to be like this :|