Is this system upgrade is well for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

numan

I have bought MSI Radeon 9800pro about 15 days ago. At this time my system specification is

Intel celeron D 2.4GHz (256kb chace)
MSI Motherboard AGP 4x.
300W powersupply.
512Mb Kingstone DDR 400 bus

I am not getting good performance from my card. I instaled the latest drivers form ATI and control center (5.7 Catlyst). In Medal of Honor-PA game On medium settings 800*600 resolution I only get 10-30 FPS in palying game. My game hangs a little when an enemy come in screen and FPS falls from 30 to 17.
I want to get good performance on medium settings and minimum 22-35 FPS in new games. While playing on LAN (NETWORK) I have to lower my grafics settings otherwise my system helds a little.
I am worrying about my system. I already asked this question on this website and users said me that it is due to my system and my 3dCrad is well. They said me that if I upgrade my Mobo and Processor then i ll get well performance in games. Is this true?

I have chosen Intel 630 Pentium 4 HT 3.0Ghz 2mb cache and ASUS P5P800 mother board. Do this thing make a great difference in gaming?

The Pentium 4 should give you a noticeable improvement in gaming, but I'm not sure getting a new Motherboard will make that much difference to performance, unless you're into overclocking your components (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong guys). But thinking about it, what chipset is on your old board, and on your intended board (i.e. nforce3/4 etc)? Is your Graphics card AGP 4x? And which Graphics cards slots are on the intended board?

That CPU is probably in LGA775 format & I believe your board does not support it. An AGP4x board is in a best-case scenario a Socket-478 board. If you can find a Northwood Pentium 4 (the ones with 512kb of L2 cache), it might work with your motherboard.

I guess you could get a 3.06ghz 533fsb cpu if you can find one, or get a new board + cpu, and if you do that, go ahead and upgrade to socket 775(if you want an intel cpu).

I think upgrading your video card would help most though, your system isn't that outdated, although a 9800pro should be pretty good in most games.

I m going to buy Intel 630 Pentium 4 HT 2MB L2 and ASUS P5P800 motherboard. After that should my card give me any performance difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back