Is this Vista, or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone help me with my 'Vista' problem?

I am a bedroom-musician and use Magix Music Maker 14.
I build up a song by doing a layer at a time. Firstly I lay the drum track down. Then, as the drums playback, I put down the Bass Guitar track. This is where my problem is.
When I playback my Drum track and the Bass Guitar track together, the Bass Guitar is behind time with the drum track. The difference is about 0.07 of a second. It happens everytime I record an extra track, there is a slight delay.
I have two laptops, both Sony Vaio's, My main one is Sony Viao VGN-NR38E running 'Windows Vista Home Premium'. Service Pack 1. Realtek High Definition Audio. It is on this machine that I have the 'time delay'.

My other Sony Vaio is VGN-N11M/W running 'Windows XP', Version 2002, Service Pack 2, Realtek HD Audio, and this one works fine.

Why should 'Vista' make a difference? Or is there something else at work here?

Thank you for reading this post.

Hard to track the problem down... devices slow down as they age. Optical drives are built so cheaply that they amaze us, but that manufacturing process is not an exact science. Different chips, power drives, memory chips can all cause reduced or enhanced speeds that would not be noticeable on other formats. Yours presents a test that cannot be adjusted.
This is precisely why they have recording studios. It is an age-old problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back