TechSpot

Is WildTangent safe?

By learninmypc
Mar 6, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I was going thru the games on my W7 & noticed Wheel of Fortune & wanted to play it but quickly stopped when I saw the Wild Tangent eula. No, I didn't read it, I just X'd out.
    I think there used to be a nasty of the same name which is why I stopped. I don't want to agree to the eula or play it if there is a chance of getting infected.

2. Jay Pfoutz

Jay Pfoutz Malware Helper Posts: 4,286   +49

3. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,242   +1,549

I have always associated Wild Tangent with Malware despite the fact it is prepackaged on some systems. With that said Jay Pfoutz is probably correct, but I still don't want it on my systems.

Jay Pfoutz likes this.
  4. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,475   +624

WindTangent is fine, but it installs a lot of junk along with itself (think toolbars, browsers, etc). This is why it has a bad rep.

5. Jay Pfoutz

Indeed, that is a problem. Having adware, toolbars, etc. is a drag. Every product I install, I uncheck those extra options. No need for them, and it's not required in the agreement to install crapware.

There's a consumer tool by the makers of SpywareBlaster (which you should have), it is called EULAlyzer. Awesome tool to analyze agreements, in case you don't get all the technicalities. I poke my head in every business it seems, so I need the tool.

6. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 5,385   +240

Thank you people. Yes, I definetely do have the latest version & it is always up to date.
    I won't bother playing Wheel of Fortune on here then, I'd rather spend the time watching Vanna on tv :)
    Vanna+White+32nd+Anniversary+Carousel+Hope+yp4Ed1Rtd9Zl.jpg Sorry, I couldn't resist :)

7. Jay Pfoutz

Your choice! :) Good work.

8. learninmypc

Thanks Jay:)& others.

Jay Pfoutz likes this.
  9. hmlake

hmlake TS Rookie

10. hmlake

hmlake TS Rookie

11. learninmypc

Thanks all. I'll just watch her on tv.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.