Is your PC powerful enough to run Mirror's Edge Catalyst? Find out here

Shawn Knight

Staff member

The closed beta for Mirror’s Edge Catalyst kicks off on April 22 and runs for five days. PC gamers planning to participate in the beta or those that will simply wait and purchase it next month now know just how graphically-demanding the game will be as EA / DICE have published the minimum and recommended system requirements.

At the bare minimum, you’ll need an Intel Core i3-3250 / AMD FX-6350 processor as the game requires at least four logical cores to run. A GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB / AMD Radeon R9 270X or better GPU is also required, as is at least 6GB of RAM, 25GB of free space for installation and Windows 7 64-bit with the latest service pack (or newer).

For best results, EA / DICE recommend an Intel Core i7-3770 / AMD FX-8350 or better processor, at least 16GB of RAM, a GeForce GTX 970 4GB / AMD Radeon R9 280X 3GB or better video card, 25GB of storage space and Windows 10 64-bit with the latest service pack.

EA in February published a story trailer for Mirror’s Edge Catalyst (embedded above), a reboot of the original game from 2008. Since that time, they’ve released a handful of additional clips that you can watch over on the official Mirror’s Edge YouTube channel.

GameSpot recently got some hands-on time with the new game; their impressions can be found by clicking here.

Mirror’s Edge Catalyst lands on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on May 24.

Permalink to story.

I try to make a point of not buying games on origin, but I think I'm going to have to pick this one up. I've been waiting for another mirrors edge since the first one came out(and it brought my 8800gt SLI to it's knees). Can't wait to play this a pascal card whenever they come out, my GTX 680 is starting to show it's age. I still don't see any need to upgrade my 3770k. I can always bump it up to 4.7 if I need too, but the stock clock with turbo boost still handles everything just fine.

I really can't wait for this game, I think I'm going reinstall the original mirrors edge and play it again.

I have four Origin games and never had a problem if that means anything.
I don't like EA's business practices and try to vote with my dollar. However, I loved mirrors edge and have been waiting for this game for a long time

Why are they always inflating the recommended specs?

Windows 10 => Why? 7/8/8.1 will be fine
Core i7-3770 => If you have a 970 and a quad-core from the last 6 years you'll be fine. Pretty sure my 1st generation i5 will do 60 fps no problem
16GB RAM => Overkill (you can barely get a PC game past ~6.8GB usage)

To me, the specs don't seem that high save for the ram. 16gb just kinda confuses me unless they are just saying it can use beyond 8gb and they assume gamers buy in portions of 8 only in this day and age.

Looking forward to it, loved the first one!!!

I don't like EA's business practices and try to vote with my dollar. However, I loved mirrors edge and have been waiting for this game for a long time

They had Sarkeesian consult on this one. It's guaranteed to be an instant classic.
Oh, this game should be awesome then, will probably have no way to die at all since that would be violence against women.

Oh, this game should be awesome then, will probably have no way to die at all since that would be violence against women.

Forest for the trees, borther. In Mirror's Edge Catalyst, you fight the patriarchy and win.

How awesome is that?!

Forest for the trees, borther. In Mirror's Edge Catalyst, you fight the patriarchy and win.

How awesome is that?!
Anita working on mirrors edge 2 was a baseless rumor. EA came out and said she was never on the development team

Anita working on mirrors edge 2 was a baseless rumor. EA came out and said she was never on the development team

No one ever said she was working on it. I recall from a while back that she was invited to the studio to offer thoughts on women in gaming (ergo my comment about consulting). Did this not happen?

No one ever said she was working on it. I recall from a while back that she was invited to the studio to offer thoughts on women in gaming (ergo my comment about consulting). Did this not happen?
Well the rumor was that she was acting as a consultant on the development of mirrors edge 2, that part was never true. And I can't find anything about her being invited to EA. As far as I can find, the whole thing is BS.

http://segmentnext.com/2014/12/17/anita-sarkeesian-no-part-mirrors-edge-2-development-says-ea/

So my video card could play this game (gtx 660ti), but not my cpu?? I bet my i7-860 could play it just fine. Sometimes I have to wonder about these "minimum specs"....

So my video card could play this game (gtx 660ti), but not my cpu?? I bet my i7-860 could play it just fine. Sometimes I have to wonder about these "minimum specs"....
Well the minimum requirement is an i3 so.....

Considering how much they're changing the formula for the game I bet it's safe to wait well after release as usual.

I loved the first one--it was also the first game I played in 3D and loved how it was different. Bit worried they may screw it up royally though...

Well the minimum requirement is an i3 so.....

Well they are claiming yo have to have an "Ivy Bridge" generation or later based on the i3 part they are listing....what or who is to say my "Lynnfield" chip couldn't handle it?? It is an i7...:p

Back