TechSpot

issues posting

By amazon_sephy
Jul 3, 2003
  1. Hi, just starting using the forum here. Ive been reading techspot for the past 2 1/2 years, and i love it here!! Well anyways, for some reason when i click submit new thread i get sent to a screen say i can do so cause im not logged in. The only reason im able to do i right now is by turning off my firewall. Im using latest version of zonealarm PRO. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thx.

2. DigitAlex

DigitAlex TechSpot Paladin Posts: 536

im not a fan on ZA but it may turn off some cookie settings ....

3. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,058   +645

The only thing I can think of is that your session timed out, what was the difference at the time you got the error message and this one when you successfully posted a new thread?

4. amazon_sephy

amazon_sephy TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 83

The only difference is that i shut down the firewall in order to post. I'll check and see about the cookie settings, and timing out? How long before that happens? I used the same amount of time to write them and as soon as i click submit post it'll bring me to either my post (successful) or the login screen.

5. XtR-X

XtR-X TS Rookie Posts: 863

Almost without a doubt, this is your problem.

6. amazon_sephy

yes, this was the problem. Zonealarm.... had to turn cookie control OFF. Thx for the help guys.

7. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,343   +6

You shouldn't have to turn your cookie control to off. I to have the latest version of Zone Alarm Pro and mine is set at medium and everything works fine, that just blocks third party cookies. Everything at TechSpot should work fine with that setting.

8. amazon_sephy

well, if this posts here, then ill be surprised as im using the med setting for cookies in zonealarm, which hasnt worked for me.

well, it worked, but now lets see with high firewall security on...

hmm, i dont know, it seems to work now, but last night i was going crazy as it wouldnt work....

9. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

Well glad you got it figured out, as that would suck to be pushed away from the forums due to your firewall.

Enjoy your stay ;)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.