Issues with connecting Laptop to TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

tek8

Hey guys, im new here at these forums. Right now, I have connected my laptop (Gateway Solo 9500 - yeah its ancient) to my TV, via the VGA cables. Everything works fine, except one problem. Whenever I want to view some streaming media, it shows up on the embedded Windows Media Player in the laptop screen, but not on the TV. I don't understand what is going on, and wether it is a software or hardware problem.

I have tried viewing embedded flash (such as Youtube), and that works fine.

If worse comes to worse, I would like to know how to switch from using Windows Media Player to Media Player Classic as the default embedded media player.

Thanks

-tek8

Hi Tek8 and welcome to the Forum :wave:

Go into tools >options> performance >advanced on Media player and disable overlays, I also find that for some DVD's (I watch a lot of downloaded content on my TV via my laptop) I have to use the TV as a primary monitor (that is my laptop monitor goes blank) otherwise it shows on the monitor and not on the TV.

To make MPC the default player simply hold down shift and right click the file, choose open with and choose MPC as the player and select "use this to open the file all the time" or whatever it is ( I cant be bothered looking, im feeling lazy)

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back