Issues with java on websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

woody80z28

I completed the 8-step removal process and still have issues. I'm running Firefox 3.5 with Windows XP Media Center SP3 on a HP m7363w.

Many website features are not working properly on this PC, but fine on every other I've tried. I have a feeling it is connected to Java, but I am not sure. Hotmail shows up as a blank white screen, and many photo galleries, etc. will not let me scroll through. Bing.com maps are not working, and facebook is unreliable with its dialog boxes, etc.

I googled the problem I was having a few weeks ago and stumbled upon a post on this site where combofix was recommended. I downloaded & ran combofix with no apparent success and then did the 8-step process when I found it and it worked! For a few days... And since then it has been doing the same thing ever since for at least a couple weeks now.

From what I can tell, everything has come out clean, but I'm still having issues. Any help is greatly appreciated, because I am in over my head.

Thanks!

Hi woody80z28,

I think this might not be a virus or malicious software problem, but more of a computer problem. I evaluated your logs and there is 1 nasty entry in it but is most likely not related to the problem you are having, but is still good to remove.
  • O8 - Extra context menu item: &AIM Toolbar Search - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AIM Toolbar\ieToolbar\resources\en-US\local\search.html

Here is another handy little fact...

When I post a quick reply the status circle keeps spinning and acts like it has done nothing, even when it has already gone through.

I too have been having many issues with Firefox lately, but not the ones your described. I suggest you download Chrome 3.0 or Chrome 4.0 BETA. Chrome goes much faster and you can change the looks. Try that out and see if you still are having problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back