It Lives!

Status
Not open for further replies.

F1N3ST

Well, CPU went in fine, video card was easy. Memory works, it detects it all at POST. but there are no beeps. And it detects my 202GB Hard drive, and Dvd-Drive. The only problem was that i dropped my PC and it landed on my big toe, and i have a swollen blue/bruised toe. It detects 1.86Ghz E6300. My problem is that it will not boot my windows XP install disc, or my live linux CD. I went into "Boot Settings" and it dosnt detect eitehr IDE channel, Master or Slave, any help?

You said it doesn't detect either IDE channel. Do you mean you don't see the hdd in bios, or both ide channels are missing in the bios? Do you have any other hdds connected or are you just (trying) to use the one?

They arent detected in the BiOS. I have a HDD and a DVD connected to one cable. I connected the Hard Drive that is in this computer, and it booted to my select OS screen. I chose windows XP and it BSOD'd, which is expected because its a dif comp.

Ok, i got the drives and all working. XP install was a breeze (And Fast) I just cant get the driver for my ethernet. Sound and Vid Card work. Im gonna try and get the driver from realtek's site.

Umm the problem was me being a nub lol. I hit "CD-ROM" after F12. And I was supposed to hit Lite-On DVD-RW. I dont even have a CD drive lol.

32Seconds for 1M of Super PI, while running Firefox, installing game on steam, and running anti-virus, pretty damn good :D

I'm glad you figured it! The best way to learn is from your mistakes. Sweet rig. What did you do to overclock since the E6300 has locked multipliers? Increase voltage and FSB?

No, I didnt OC it yet. I need to burn in the thermal grease first. Idle temp is @30C, Load is @36C Damn good on stock :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back