It's not the usual sound problem is something else i need ur help

Status
Not open for further replies.
i recently had some problems with my windows so i had to rewrite it on my HDD
everything is working fine but there's something with the sound, my sound card
is installed and have been working properly before i rewrite my HDD everything else is just like before, but a new windows installed, when i go t control panel
and choose sound properties i cant press the buttons, what's wrong? is something wrong with my sound controller?
well i downloaded a sound controller but when i tried to open it it said:...please check your sound card or your sound device" but everything is fine. everything has been working properly.
so what do i need to do in order to troubleshoot, any ideas? should i download another sound controller, if so pls leave me a link to it.

Hi

first off we cant give you a link to a sound controller as you dont say what it is...

Second all you need to do is identify the sound card and then locate the correct drivers.

You can use hirens boot disk available on the web to identify the sound card or you can google the model of your motherboard and download the driver from the website, or if its a seperate card then just look at it to identify it.

good luck

thank u Ididmyc2006, i'll try to do that and by the way a sound controller it's a program that controls ur audio settings from which ur capable of increasing decreasing ur pc audio sound.

Drivers will fix this.

Please write out the full words when typing, this isn't a chat with your best buddy. Your grammar and spelling don't have to be perfect, but at least get something close.

The reason Ididmyc600 asked about the sound controller might have something to do with how poorly written your post was and that its apparent you aren't 100% sure of what you are talking about:
1. Its not called rewriting your HDD. Its reformatting.
2. I'm guessing "e i rewrite my HDD everything else is just like before, but a new windows installed" means you reinstalled Windows or you used restore disks that came with your computer.
3. Sound controller, I think you mean Volume Control, and that has little to nothing to do with your problem, it is a symptom.
4. Sound properties "i cant press the buttons" is pretty vague, luckily that is likely irrevelant.
5. Sound controller is mentioned again... this time its not any more correct, and possibly even less if you are referring to the hardware end, but its impossible to tell from the rest of your post.
6. Downloaded a sound controller? What did you download? Based on everything else you have said I have little confidence you downloaded what you should have.
7. Your title. What is a usual sound problem? This seems pretty typical to me, get the correct drivers and install and it will be fixed.

The link in my signature will help you immensely if you plan on sticking around. If not thats great too.

SNGX1275

I think that thread in u'r sig is about as right on as one can get. I have just now seen it and red it and think u did a great job when u wrote that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back