It's only My Illusion

By MyIllusions
Jul 25, 2005
  1. Hi All, :wave:
    I'm not to sure what I'm doing! I'm want to set up a home network, I've been working on this for 3 - 4 mo.
    (OK now that you are falling to the floor),
    I'm also wanting to set up a desktop for my young son that needs his laptop for "talking" (he can't talk) he is just 7 and will start the first grade.
    And I would like to "clean out" 4 other computers........(last on the list)
    I hope you all can take some time with me, I do know a little about computers but not much..... I want to learn more so In on line "lookin' up "
    Thanks again...........and remember It's only MyIllusions
  2. IronDuke

IronDuke TS Rookie Posts: 856

3. SOcRatEs

SOcRatEs TechSpot Paladin Posts: 966

Welcome to TechSpot

Kick yer shoes off and make yer self at home!
  4. MyIllusions

MyIllusions TS Rookie Topic Starter

Well, Thank you for the "Welcome" It is sure nice to see yhat ther are "people" out there....(Some forums don't know that).
    I did take off my shoes, about 2 mo. ago and have not seen them after that!! LOL I started the "ball rolling".......... but I think it keep going...after reading the link, I cant find the ball at all !!
    This is whats going on, I got 2 computers and a laptop networked...(kinda)all that run windows xp home. On the computers I can see the work group and all shared folders even the shared folders on the laptop.....this is good But on the laptop, I can only see the laptop, and its shared folders.
    whem I ping the others, it reads network path not found.
    1 more ? if you don't mind, I have other competers all with windows, some running 95 others with 98. 1 I would like to clean out all old file and stuff to get my Dad started, he just learned "that is the POWER button. As for the rest, maybe set 2 of them up, for the kids, on the network I'm trying to set up. The others, got any Ideas?????? Maybe a "storage for files type thing" or add on to the Other computers..................
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.