Its time to retire the PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

sllewe

Hi all

Before i ever make a purchase, i always discuss it with you guys, so here it goes. I am currently running my rig on a 300 peak Watt Hipro PSU, that i got for free.
Well i have never had problems with it, but i hvae some money and i think it is time to upgrade a bit...
My current rig is as fallows

P4 3.08 prescott
1 GB corsair XMS
80 gig 7200 RPM HD
ATI Raedon x700
9 case fans-1 slot blower-and a heatsink
one NIC
Now come my question, what brand should i go with, . Im am not a millionare, so i dont really want to spend more than 85-100 USD if possible. I have used the PSU calcualtor thing, so i know what my wattage should be, but i would like some room to grow, so what wattage. Apprechaite all post back

Sean

Hello Sean.

As for the wattage I`d recommend something around the 400 to 450 watt range.

As for the psu itself. Look HERE for lots of info on what, and what not to buy.

Hope this helps regards Howard :) :)

Newer psu

Tho I don't recommend my frankinstienish mod I swear by antec...
they have served me well!
My main psu
TRUE430
430 Watt ATX12V
Secondary for x-tra fans
SL300S
300 Watt ATX12V

I have my eye on the
TP2-550EPS12V $182.00 usd (OUCH :dead: )
550 Watt EPS12V PSU
2 low noise fans
Dual 12V outputs, for stability and safety
True Spec noise level of 21.3 dBA measured at an independent lab using ISO 7779 standard
EPS12V compliant/ATX12V 2.01 compatible. 24-pin main power connector with detachable 4-pin section for universal motherboard compatibility
4 Serial ATA connectors
PCI Express graphic card power connectors
Dedicated output for more stability and less ripple noise
Feedback circuits for tighter load regulation (±3%) to maintain accurate voltage to all components
Industrial-grade protection circuitry prevents damage resulting from short circuits, power overloads, excessive current, excessive voltage , excessive temperatures
Fan Only power connectors allow True Power to control case fan speeds, reducing total system noise
MTBF: 80,000 hours
Safety approval: CB, DEMKO, FCC Class B, FIMKO, EMKO, UL, VDE, TUV
Active Power Factor Correction (PFC) (Europe only)
Power Factor value greater than 90% (Europe only)
Gold plated connectors for superior conductivity.
G"luck!

Thanks but i need more!!

Thanks all for the comments, but i would like maybe a more specficic comments, i am familar with good brands, and the bad ones. As far as that Antec, wow thats nice but the $200 price tag is too much for my meager income! Thanks for the posts and keep em coming.

Sean

BTW-a shout out to my man howard on the wattage that i need, that clear up alot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back