iTunes Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JoeM076

Everytime I play a movie on iTunes, now when I have Windows Vista, it laggs and doesn't catch up to the sound. I have no clue why this is happening, and quite frankly, it is very annoying. It doesn't matter if it is a TV Show or a Movie I bought on iTunes, it laggs through the whole time! Recently, I bought a TV Show, and only AFTER I paused it, did it start to lag. I don't know if it is related, but it's worth a shot. Please, if anyone can help me, that would be great! :)

Do you purchase movies from itunes? Or do you just use that as your media player? An easy solution would be using a lighter media player (assuming you don't buy from itunes)

Also do you have all your latest drivers, and the latest version of itunes?

How much Ram do you have? It takes about 2 gigs to run anything on vista smoothly. Also remember that vista just came out a few months ago. It still isn't very stable.

Keep checking for iTunes updates, there are apparently compatability problems with Vista still.

I have the latest version of iTunes, I have 2 GB of RAM, and I do buy my movies and shows from iTunes. I guess I'll have to wait for another patch just like CS:S..

SNGX1275 said:
Keep checking for iTunes updates, there are apparently compatability problems with Vista still.

Yeah alot of programs / drivers for windows XP have not been made for Vista yet ( because it sucks! :D ) so when a new itunes update releases try and get that to see if it works :)

My Quicktime installation on Vista failed, or so it said. I gave up on it for the night cause I didn't care anymore. Then the next day I had a dialog box waiting for me saying there was an update for quicktime or iTunes or something, so I updated. Apparently it installed, because quicktime video works now. Weird..

Yeah, it also says my installtion of iTunes and Quicktime have not installed properly. Yes, I have reinstalled them and it STILL says the same thing. In the control panel there is also an option to repair the program, but it doesn't work, big surprise! I am also having a problem with DirectShow, whatever it is and does..it might be related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back