iTunes Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been having a problem with iTunes freezing while listening to music on my computer. It seems to happen randomly sometimes after an hour of listening or sometimes after 1 minute. No pattern. I had the same problem when I used Windows Media player to listen to music. I have lived with this problem by simply exiting all programs and restarting the computer. However I am sick of doing this and want to fix it . BTW my computer consists of AMD Athlon XP200+ 1.67 Ghz, w/ 736MB Ram. Any reccommendations or help would be welcome. Thankyou
PS one sure way to hang up iTunes is to start MS Money it will last less than a minute.

Check for iTunes updates, as well as see if there are any new drivers for your sound card.

I have updated iTunes and the drivers for my sound card but, the problem still occurs. Also, this happens not only with itunes but, also Windows media player and any program that is similar. Also, after iTunes freezes if I check the Windows Task Manager CPU Usage goes from 0% to between 50 and 60% continuously even though I don't have any programs running. The graph on the CPU Usage History almost looks like a perfect sine wave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back