TechSpot

Itunes wont install on win7 64 bit pro

By oo7wazzy
Jan 13, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi all

I have tried to install itunes for windows 7 64bit professional with no luck. i get three error messages as follows:
    1) could not open key: unknown components\DA42........
    verify that you have sufficient access to that key.

2)Service apple mobile device failed to start , verify that you have sufficient access to that key.

3)Apple application support was not found. Apple application support is needed to run itunes. Please uninstall then reinstall itunes.
    Error 2 ( windows error 2)

the programs shows up in the list of programs when i uninstall it, but it just wont open.

I have tried every link that i could find on the topic. If anyone else has had this problem and found a solution, please post it.

Many Thanks

Warren

2. ravisunny2

ravisunny2 TS Ambassador Posts: 1,980   +11

Hi Warren :wave:

Welcome to [​IMG] :grinthumb

You can read how to post a new thread in this Guide.

Before posting you should read all the Posting Guidelines.

To access technical support you may go to the Forums.

Many users like to post system specs in their Profile.

System Specs are always helpful when you seek support, (see the first two suggestions).
    And helpers may ask that you post some of your specs in your thread.

You can access many other online TechSpot guides Here.

Enjoy your Stay :)

3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,715   +397

Use IE and go to the iTunes download page. If you do it in FF or Opera I think you end up getting the 32bit one, which doesn't work in 64bit Windows (one of the few 32bit installs that won't, likely because of some hardware drivers they put in).

4. oo7wazzy

oo7wazzy TS Rookie Topic Starter

HI SNGX1275

thanks for the reply. i donwloaded itunes using IE but still get the same error messages. this is frustrating beyond comprehension. cant apple just get it right..
    anyway, if you can think of anything else please let me know.

thanks

5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,715   +397

Did you use IE64? If so, then I'm not sure.

6. jdillman1502

jdillman1502 TS Enthusiast Posts: 120

Just out of curiosity, when you ran the iTunes installer, did you try to right click the installation file and select "Run as administrator"? It's a long shot, but worth a try.

7. oo7wazzy

oo7wazzy TS Rookie Topic Starter

yeah i have tried it as an administrator but that also does not work iether...
    i have run it through IE, chrome, from different websites... the 32bit version the 64bit version.... and nothing...
    there has got to be a solution somewhere..