ive come to a decision on my Video Card

By ArchVile
Jul 26, 2004
  1. first of all, thanks to all of you for your help. i learned a lot from you dudes :). now what ive decided to do is get the powercolor Radeon 9800SE. ill give you guys the link.

since most reviews ive seen say that this sucker can be OC'ed to the same quality as a radeon 9800 pro or even the xt, this is what ive decided to get. this is the cheapest price ive seen so far. if anyone can give me a cheaper link, i would appreciate it. thanks again for your help guys.

one other thing. ive found a company called jetway. they have extremely cheap prices for their cards. now price is not always the most important thing. since ive never heard of the company, i was wondering if anyone here has a product by jetway and can tell me if they are any good.
  2. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,977   +15

I doubt you can OC it to 9800PRO or XT speeds, but if you softmod it/use the Omega drivers sure ;)

Just not OC..
  3. BrownPaper

BrownPaper TS Rookie Posts: 407

The softmod is not exactly for sure. Not even the 50% chance it seemed like anymore.

Some people got artifacts and other problems when they tried to softmod, but you may get lucky.

9800se is still a good card though, softmod or not.
  4. DigitAlex

DigitAlex TechSpot Paladin Posts: 536

Feeling silly, what is softmodding ? is BIOS flashing involved ? anything else ?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.