I've given up already but maybe someone could still help

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtafreek24

hi, i built a pc months ago and was on here trying to get help for getting rid of all the blue screens i was having. well that was a while ago and since then i've taken my pc to other people and i have tried every freeking thing i could think of and the waste of money still will not work. i'm not even going to list the things i've done to try and fix it because the list is extensive, but i will say that it randomly gets varous Driver IRQL_not_less_or_Equal stop errors. i can't play any games on it for more than 5 min. and i don't even have to be playing a game, because leave it on long enough and it will do it anyway. so basically i guess it has a problem with referencing the wrong memory addresses or something. im just so tired and lazy now after months of trying.

anyways, i have recieved plenty of suggestions already as you can imagine, but if anyone could maybe just give me a suggestion that i havn't heard yet, who knows, it could be helpful.

btw i took it to geeksquad and they kept it for 4 weeks and couldn't figure it out either. lol dumbasses. they call themselves experts. they charged me $120 too :mad:

i did but i got rid of it. now im just using the onboard video. i would like to get another one though if and when i fix this, why, is that gong to cause problems with sp2?

please no ati!!!!! im not switching over!!

maybe i got a bluescreen cause the nvidia driver conflicts in some way with sp2. i have sp1 and a geforce.

did you also do a system repair with your windows cd

ok, i finally decided to pay some attention to this thing again. i replaced the single stick of ram again and now instead of getting a BSOD while playing a game, now when i try to play a game, it will run for a little while and then crash to the desktop with one of those annoying 'don't send error report' windows.

so i was wondering if maybe there is something in that window that i can post here that would help me find out what the problem is now. what i mean by that is there are links on the window, like 'click here for error details' or something like that where you click on it and a box pops up with all this coding that i don't understand. maybe if i post that here, someone who understands it could tell me what's causing the problem.

well.. i dunno, does anyone understand what i'm trying to explain? if so, any help would be appriciated :)

Seems to have been having memory problems. Memory errors can currupt Windows, so a reinstall would be a very good idea.

1st.. I have XP SP2-all the updates..I also run NVidia GeForce Video card, 1G DDR Memory..CPU 2000 Mhz..play some very ram consuming games...and NO BSOD.
Driver IRQL_not_less_or_Equal stop errors
usually means Some device driver is not signed and fails to work correctly. Not always... you might try this: start -> run -> verifier - ok -> select a task = create standard settings - next -> Automatically select unsigned drivers. - next -> you will then be given a list of all unsigned drivers... make a copy of this list..... then search MS for a signed version of drivers... upgrade to the signed version.... then go into "startup and recovery" remove the check from Automatic restart... so you can see the ERROR code - you need to write the error code down if this continues... shutdown... restart and see what happens...error codes can be tracked to find what the problem really is....I refer most ppl to http://www.updatexp.com/windows-update-errors.html

Mato Grosso said:
Don't look here if you have given up. It's gonna require some work on your part.

http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php

believe me, i've checked out that site and loads of others like it a while ago and have done everything from replace parts to messing with drivers and fooling around with BIOS settings, and nothing seems to work.

as for the driver signing thing... i don't think i tried that yet.

if necessary, i'll reinstall for like the 30th time. who knows, i did put the new stick of ram in just like that without doing anything else, maybe wndows is a little corrupt.

I don't see any of the obvious things, like, what is the temperature of CPU and inside the case, did you apply thermal paste between CPU and cooler, is your powersupply strong enough and of good quality, do you mix different RAM types, did you load all the motherboard drivers, did you do all the Windows updates etc. etc.

RealBlackStuff said:
I don't see any of the obvious things, like, what is the temperature of CPU and inside the case, did you apply thermal paste between CPU and cooler, is your powersupply strong enough and of good quality, do you mix different RAM types, did you load all the motherboard drivers, did you do all the Windows updates etc. etc.

The cpu temp is well below the warning temp,yes i applied the thermal paste... and correctly, yes my PSU is of good quality and is high enough, no i only have one stick of ram currently in it (for the purpose of narrowing down the problem) and yes all of the drivers are updated.

well, i went to do another reinstall of windows, and i can't. when windows is installing i get the 8E stop error, and according to THIS it's caused by faulty RAM.... again? it's a brand new stick again!!!

WHAT THE F#%#!!!!

it can't be faulty ram. anybody got any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back