I've had an idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rik

I've come up with an idea, to make port replicators for a pc.

There are already plenty about for laptops but the idea i had was to make it for a pc so that it means no more crawling around on the floor to plug your devices into the back of your pc.

I'm thinking along the lines of making it with things like ps2 ports, usb ports, and audio ports.

On the audio side, i was thinking of a simple switch so that you can leave a headset plugged in and just throw the switch between headphone and speakers.

The whole idea of this device is to make it simple and cheap with no electronics inside it, just sockets wired to plugs to go into the back of the pc. I think it could appeal to the disabled, injured (like my bad back) and the downright lazy.:)

Just wondered if i could get some feedback, suggestions, and ideas from people here on TechSpot. Waddya recon??

They exist. We have six of them in our shop... you can often find them advertised in the back of CPU, MaximumPC, and other journals of high end computer stuff.

Raybay, do you have any pictures, links, or info on the replicators you speak of?

I'll photograph what we have next time I am in the shop (I am semi retired now), but I saw them within the last four issues of CPU magazine in the small ads in the back.

Thanx for that, the pics may well give me some ideas. As for the magazine, i don't believe its available here in the UK as far as i know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back