I've tried everything I can think, and get the same error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orakar

Ok, so I bought a whole new system, one of those "barebones" pcs, and added my old hard drive to it. As soon as it started up, it made me perform a chkdsk scan. Since then i've been getting random restarts, with the error message: "0X0000008E", and often when I try to run games it just freezes and I have to restart.

When I try to install things, such as world of warcraft, at a random time within installation it gives me error messages saying that setup couldn't find some random file, and suggests that it might be due to hard-drive corruption or faulty memory.

So I bought a new hard drive, and during XP installation it says "error: <something about memory"> and I still get the same problems. After running a memtest and finding that the RAM failed every test, I figured it must be the RAM that's at fault.

So I bought new RAM, and tried that, and still I get the same problem whilst installing.

It's driving me insane, what else could it be? I've paid an absolute fortune out on this, and had no results....

If anyone could help me I'd be IMMENSLY thankful... I might even be "paypal" thank you :p

Perhaps you can send us the details... brand and model of motherboard. Brand and model of computer. Components installed. Brand and description of memory you installed.
Some motherboards (particularly ASUS, ABIT, and a few other high end boards are very persnickety on which memory they will allow... The timings must be in a certain range, and usually cheap memory is out.

If you didn't format and reinstall Windows fresh for the new "barebones" system, you are going to have to before the computer will work without errors. You can't expect to move a hard drive with Windows from one computer to another without having problems

raybay said:
Perhaps you can send us the details... brand and model of motherboard. Brand and model of computer. Components installed. Brand and description of memory you installed.
Some motherboards (particularly ASUS, ABIT, and a few other high end boards are very persnickety on which memory they will allow... The timings must be in a certain range, and usually cheap memory is out.

Sure =]

I attached two pictures from my computer manual which I think give you the motherboard information you need?

DSC00332.jpg

DSC00331.jpg

The RAM information is as follows: (But two of them)

Elixir
M2U51264DS8HB3G-5T
512 MB DDR -400MHZ- CL3
PC3200U -30330

Is that ok? Sorry if not

Tmagic650 said:
If you didn't format and reinstall Windows fresh for the new "barebones" system, you are going to have to before the computer will work without errors. You can't expect to move a hard drive with Windows from one computer to another without having problems

As I said, I bought a new hard drive and installed windows onto that, it had never been in any computer, and yet I still got the same errors :S

Thanks for your swift reply :D

That memory should be ok, although I would not use that brand... Kingston, Corsair, PNY... I think you will have to play with the memory timings or voltages at this point. Your motherboard/barebones system is this:

"Biostar IDEQ N1 NC51G-S7 Socket 754 Barebones System"...

Is this correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back