TechSpot

Iw3mp - bad image

By pedro7256
Oct 28, 2008
  1. im not that good with computers and i have looked at outher threads about this problem but thay dont help as this is not a windows file

i am trying to run a hack on a game (i know hacking is bad but its only a game).
    i try to run the file it comes up (after i have directed it to my multiplayer start up for call of duty 4)

iw3mp - bad image

The application or Dll C:\documents and settings\.......\desktop\cod4hook.public\cod4hook.dll is not a valid windows image. please check this against your installation diskette.

i have tryed this hook on my friends PC and it runs fine no problems but mine just dont like it for some reason can any 1 help me out im sure it must be something stupid but as i said im not the best with computers

thanks. chris.

2. InsaneVr6

InsaneVr6 TS Enthusiast Posts: 221

Does your friends computer have different specs than yours such as OS.

If you are running a firewall or an antivirus program you need to either deactivate/uninstall them or go through the settings and allow cod4hook.dll through the firewall.

Because this is a 'hack' your computer may be thinking this is a virus and will not let it run.

3. pedro7256

pedro7256 TS Rookie Topic Starter

he has exacaly the same computer as me and what you mean by the OS operatng system?

Edit: tryed checking my mc afee but it dosent have it blocked

4. InsaneVr6

InsaneVr6 TS Enthusiast Posts: 221

OS = Operating System

Check your Windows Firewall and specify that file to be allowed.

5. pedro7256

pedro7256 TS Rookie Topic Starter

i have been into my fire wall settings on mcafee but i can see now were that i can add the dll to the safe list

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.