J&R lists Toshiba 'Thrive' Honeycomb tablet for pre-order

By Jos
May 23, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Toshiba's long expected entry to the tablet market is one step closer to reality. Although we have yet to hear official launch details from the company, Engadget this past weekend…

Read the whole story
  2. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,467   +1,760

Praise the Lord! It doubles as a fashion accessory!
  3. audioman83

audioman83 TS Rookie

Can the latest android OS navigate a Windows home network and play a video file? How about avi and mkv.
  4. New tablet manufacturer every week now.

Tablets have become the technology equivalent of boy bands. Cute, flashy, stylish, and fun for a while. But ultimately talentless, and will leave us wondering how ever bought into it.

I fell for this sort of trendy worthless equipment once, never again. Bought an awesome top of the line HP iPaq PDA back in 2004. Couldn't do half of what my laptop could do, was still too big for my pocket even without a case.

With cell phones in our pockets allowing for internet access anywhere within cell tower range, and laptops offering full computer capabilities (at the same size of a tablet). There is no real business demand for these products. Once consumers realize they've trendy not useful, the market will evaporate.

I for one won't have my investments bet on tablet manufactures when the music stops.
  5. Mine can. Of course mine (Viewsonic G-Tablet) was never meant to run Honeycomb at all.