j-S dOWNLOADER -Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

leelee

Hi,

I read the instructions and have the 3 logs here. Appreciate if someone could help me get this issue resolved.

Many thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

All log files must be posted as attachments. See HERE.

Please re-post the 3 requested log files and let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of leelee only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hi there,

Sorry about that.

Here are the 3 log files.

There was no issues with the panda rootkit.

Cheers

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

Win32 NDIS Driver

Close the services window.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

xpndis.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {ACB1E670-3217-45C4-A021-6B829A8A27CB} - (no file)

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {E0E899AB-F487-11D5-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - (no file)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Win32 NDIS Driver] xpndis.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Win32 NDIS Driver] xpndis.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Win32 NDIS Driver] xpndis.exe

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [Win32 NDIS Driver] xpndis.exe (User 'SYSTEM')

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [Win32 NDIS Driver] xpndis.exe (User 'SYSTEM')

O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [Win32 NDIS Driver] xpndis.exe (User 'Default user')

O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [Win32 NDIS Driver] xpndis.exe (User 'Default user')

O9 - Extra button: FlashGet - {D6E814A0-E0C5-11d4-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\PROGRA~1\FLASHGET\flashget.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &FlashGet - {D6E814A0-E0C5-11d4-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\PROGRA~1\FLASHGET\flashget.exe (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

xpndis.exe<Search your system for this file and delete all instances found.

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

You`re running multiple antivirus programmes. This is not recommended, will slow your system down and can cause serious conflicts.

Run the Symantec/Norton removal tool.

Follow these instructions for removing McAfee.

Go HERE and update your Java. Once done, go to add remove programmes and uninstall all previous versions of Java.

Post fresh HJT and Combofix logs.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of leelee only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hi,

Sorry for this late reply.

The HJT and combofix logs are attached.

Thank you very much for your help.

Cheers

Oops, this is what happens when you hit enter too quickly. the logs are attached now

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

200710160021_mcinfo.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [msci] C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\200710160021_mcinfo.exe /insfin

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\200710160021_mcinfo.exe
C:\WINDOWS\McAfee.com

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

HI Howard,

Apologies for this late reply. The above has been actioned. Does that mean my computer is now clean?

Kind regards

Leelee

All clean mate.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Hi Howard,

That is great news! Thank you very much for your help and time!

Just one more question. I turned off my system restore quite a few weeks back when the virus appeared and the have not turned it back on since. Is it ok to leave it off? Or should I turn it on now?

Best regards

Leelee

That`s completely up to you mate.

Just bear in mind, that if you leave system restore off, you won`t be able to restore your computer should something go wrong.

This thread is now closed: If you need this thread unlocking, please pm a moderator with a link to the thread.

Only the original thread starter can do this. Anyone else, will be ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back