Java Runtime App works for Admin and not User

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed Java Runtime (end-user version) on someone's laptop at work. They don't have admin rights to their machine so I installed it for them. Now, when I log on as the local admin or the domain admin, Java starts up and works fine. The problem is that when the user logs in, Java doesn't start up and all efforts to start it have no effect (ie going into the Java dir and trying to start it from there - sys tray icon appears but it doesn't actually work).

Now, I would like the user to be able to use Java, but I can't give them admin rights. Also, something worthy of noting is that this user has a roaming profile as he sometimes needs to access thin clients. I know the problem is because he has a roaming profile, and I don't want to create a local account on his machine as whenever he logs on he will need his domain profile.

Can anyone suggest a work-around here? I know there must be a way and it's probably dead simple - I know that terminating his terminal services profile will sort the problem but he needs this so it is not an option. What I don't get is that when he logs on, all other services/processes installed as admin work, the problem is only with Java.

So, I know what the problem is, I just need to get round it.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back