Java update problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreux456

I'm running Windows XP Pro on a refurbished laptop I recently purchased and downloaded the latest Java update. this resulted in one of my programs not running properly and everything I've tried to correct the problem has not worked. I've used system restore, add/remove programs, etc. and nothing seems to work. any ideas will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

I wish I had known about this small program long ago
Just used it on my PC. Found and removed stacks of old Java stuff
Brilliant :grinthumb

Bobbye, the thing the poster recently purchased was the laptop, not java. You might need to allow people to miss out vital punctuation occasionally ! Personally, I find incorrect spelling, syntax and punctuation makes some people almost impossible to help.

And while I am at it, CCT gives a great post.

Bobbye, the thing the poster recently purchased was the laptop, not java.
How to read the right meaning in some of these post jobeard, but I do believe you're right about this.

However, in all fairness, why even mention "I recently purchased". So this might be a better posting:
I'm running Windows XP Pro on a refurbished laptop . I downloaded the latest Java update, then found one of my programs not running properly. (and name of program should be given) I've tried to correct the problem using system restore, add/remove programs, etc.. (what is 'etc'?) but nothing worked.
Need to know:
1. What program didn't work?
2. What happened when you tried to open and/or run the program?
3. Were earlier versions of Java still on the system?
4. What download site did you use?
7. Did anything else come with the update, such as a Toolbar? Some update site have Toolbars already checked, so when the update is downloaded, so is the Toolbar.
8. Could it be the Toolbar causing the problem rather than the Java update itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back