TechSpot

Java update problem

By dreux456
Jan 7, 2009
  1. I'm running Windows XP Pro on a refurbished laptop I recently purchased and downloaded the latest Java update. this resulted in one of my programs not running properly and everything I've tried to correct the problem has not worked. I've used system restore, add/remove programs, etc. and nothing seems to work. any ideas will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

2. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 3,556

3. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

I wish I had known about this small program long ago
    Just used it on my PC. Found and removed stacks of old Java stuff
    Brilliant :grinthumb

4. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +36

What kind of update did you 'purchase'? Java and the updates are free.

Download site: http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

5. gbhall

gbhall TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,348   +50

Bobbye, the thing the poster recently purchased was the laptop, not java. You might need to allow people to miss out vital punctuation occasionally ! Personally, I find incorrect spelling, syntax and punctuation makes some people almost impossible to help.

And while I am at it, CCT gives a great post.

6. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +36

How to read the right meaning in some of these post jobeard, but I do believe you're right about this.

However, in all fairness, why even mention "I recently purchased". So this might be a better posting:
    Need to know:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.