Jdilla Is In The House

By Jdilla
Feb 22, 2005
  1. Hello Friends. Im gratefull for Google to have found this great Techspot to Chat about What I like Most, Computers. I would say im a intermediate geek on the subject of computers, came here to Find out More on the Subject. :)
    can someone tell me How To Erase My entire Hard Drive and start all over again?
  2. isatippy

isatippy TS Rookie Posts: 497

Hello and Welcome :wave: :wave:
  3. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

If you are using Windows XP/2000 then just boot from your Windows cd and follow the instructions.

Make sure you delete all partitions then create a new partition and format it.

Then install Windows on your new partition.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  4. Jdilla

Jdilla TS Rookie Topic Starter

i forgot to mention why i wanna erease a whole hard drive. you see my uncle prefers windows xp in spanish. we got the spanish windows cd. what i was thinking of doing is erasing his whole hard drive, since his computer came with windows xp service pack 2 installed already, i was told by a computer tech that i first would need to remove his whole Operation system, and the only way of doing that is by erasing the hard drive right?
    How do i erase everything? with Software? if so whats the best software? and my uncle's computer was recently purchase, so it doesnt come with a floppy drive, meaning i would have to feed the windows xp spanish version once the stock OS is gone? im stuck and would like some help please. ;) Hello to Everyone, and thanks for the nice welcome
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.